10 | Down

|King Jackson|

Shawty stay down for a young nigga.
Shawty stay down for the boy.
Never leave my side not for one minute.
Never let you out my life no more.
Would you be down for a young nigga?
Down!
~ Skooly

§

I pulled up to the main trap immediately after school, considering practice was cancelled. Making it through the front entrance, all the corner boys were in the front room, chilling on the couch, rolling blunts and gambling their minimum wage pay checks away to one another. Walking through them, I made no eye contact and headed down the hall to where my dad's office was. Before I could fully make it down the hall, a female came from the back room, where they cooked and processed the drugs the boys sell.

Her face looked all to familiar, but I couldn't make out where I knew her from. Our eyes met, and unlike mine, hers grew into saucers. She only wore a two piece, bikini and some cooking gloves, which implied that she was cooking drugs previously. I scanned her body up and down, as the memories of everything slowly bounced back to me.

"Tracy?", I questioned while looking at her in shock.

Never in a million years would I have thought she would stoop this low. She is a scheming ass female, and yes, I had to learn that the hard way, but I never thought she would be working the trap, walking around damn near naked.

"King.", a smirk played on her face as she placed her hands on her hips, sizing me before biting her bottom lip.

I shook my head in disgust. I can't believe that just a couple years ago, I was in love with this girl. Crying day and night that she had broke my heart.

"Surprised much?", she asked while stepping closer to me.

By instinct, I backed away and soon, the shock that played in my mind transformed to anger. I quickly forgot that I hate this bitch standing in front of me and she's nothing, but a hoe. Gathering my thoughts, I brushed past her, sending her bumping into the wall a little as I headed to my dad's office.

I walked inside, without knocking, as always and took a seat in front of his desk. He looked up from his folder of papers at me and then leaned back in his office chair.

"So, I got a call this morning from a private number.", he stated.

"Let me guess, them east side niggas?"

"Yeah. They think they can take down our empire kid and I'm telling you right now, it's not happening KJ."

I looked away as he mentioned the word 'our'. This is not my empire. I do not plan on doing this when I am older, and if it wasn't for my dad's drug game mentality, I wouldn't even be interested in doing this shit now. A couple dollars don't mean shit at the end of the day if you're endangering the people you love, but he's all to stubborn to understand that.

"So, what are we goin' to do?", I asked.

The east side niggas been riding out this wave pretty silent for now, but I know after this phone call, the war has officially begun. Being strapped is the least of my worries, if they're smart, they're going to go for what matters to my dad the most and that's my little sister and mom. Yeah, he cares about me, but they would go for my mom and little sister first because they are unaware of what's going on.

"Well, I have a few tricks up my sleeve, but all I need you to do is be aware of your surroundings.", he said.

I nodded my head, practically ignoring everything he was telling me. My dad is the last person who needs to be telling me to be aware of my surroundings because if he was aware of his, I wouldn't have this scar on my neck.