5 | How To Love

|King Jackson|

Oh, you had a lot of dreams that transformed to visions.
The fact that you saw the world affected all your decisions.
But it wasn't your fault, wasn't in your intentions.
~ Lil Wayne

§

Rolling into the main trap, I dapped up the body guard outside and he let me into the entrance. When I walked inside, the smell of weed hit me, although no one was in the main room. Walking through the halls, I looked in some of the rooms, seeing the naked females cooking drugs, niggas counting money and the usual. Once I made it to my dad's office, I walked in without knocking, seeing him sitting at his desk looking over a file.

"What's good pops?", I asked him while going and sitting in the chair in front of his desk.

"Nothing much, I only called you up here to ask why Ms. Wilson called saying your pecky head ass got a 61 D in her class right now.", he asked while eyeballing me.

I let out a sigh and rubbed my hand down my face. Wilson wasn't kidding when she told us that she was going to start entering zeros for the work we don't do. Usually she would just excuse it, but I guess she got tired of people taking her kindness for granted. Me being one of them.

"I have a few make up assignments to do and it'll bring my grade up.", I replied.

"King, you can't expect to play ball, do all this extra shit and me to keep your mom off your back if you can't keep your grades up.", my dad said. "And you know that, so why can't you just do right?"

"I'm trying dad. It's just I be having a lot on my plate.", I said. It wasn't completely a lie because I do have a busy life. I play basketball, make drops and pick ups for him, I come up with clothes and shoe designs for the store and I have bitches that stay breathing down my neck. Very busy life if you ask me.

"Alright, well until you get your grades up, no more drops and pick ups, no more work in the store and your new curfew is 10.", he said.

"Pops really? It's one D. At least make my curfew 11.", I tried to reason.

"Nope, it's 10 because I have to listen to your damn mama complain since she was the one that got the damn phone call.", he said.

"Fine.", I said while getting up to leave.

I headed back in the hall and made my way out the door of the trap, just as my cousin Jaylen was pulling up. I walked over to his challenger and gave him a dap.

"What's good foo?", he questioned.

"Pops got my ass on punishment.", I said while scratching my head.

"Damn, what you did?", he laughed.

"D in Trigonometry."

"Oh hell no, I'm happy I graduated and shit already.", he laughed out. I let out a sigh and shook my head, giving him another dap.

"Aight, be safe dude.", he said while walking off.

"Always.", I replied.

I hopped back in my whip and checked my phone, realizing that my messages have been blowing up all day. Right now, I need to find a tutor for Trigonometry because I know if I look like I'm actually putting in the effort, my parents will start loosening my punishment and the extra help is needed.