6 | Right Through Me

|Angel Roberts|

Okay you got it, it's in the can, before I played it, you knew my hand.
You can turn a free throw to a goal, nigga got the peep hole to my soul.
~ Nicki Minaj

§

"Okay Saad.", I said while on the phone with him. Everything with him seems to be going good and I was actually thinking about going to his party tomorrow night.

Once I got off the phone with him, I checked the time, realizing that it was time for me to go tutor KJ. Slipping out of my house attire that I put on after my shower, I put on some plain denim, skinny jeans, with a light pink, fitted crop top and some white vans. I slipped my silver Rolex onto my wrist and and popped my diamond studs in my ear, leaving my face naked, other than some carmex. Grabbing my backpack, I got up and went downstairs, where my dad was sitting watching CSI : Miami.

"Dad, I'm going to go tutor a friend, I'll be home in a couple hours.", I said. He waved me off while being glued into the show as I walked out the house, locking up behind myself.

I pulled my phone out, entering the address King sent me into my GPS. After a few minutes, I was on my way to his house, realizing that it was only a five minute drive from my house to his. When I pulled up, the golden gate was locked, so I hit the button.

"Yes?", a feminine voice answered over the voice box.

"Hey, I'm Angel and I'm here to tutor King.", I said.

"Oh okay, hold on.", she said. A few minutes later, the gate opened and I drove in, parking my car.

I got out and went up to the door, ringing the door bell. Soon after a beautiful dark skinned woman, standing about the same height as me came and opened the door. She wore a plain white halter top shirt with some black tights and house shoes. Her wavy brazilian hair was down her back, and her face was naked with no make up.

"Hey, I'm Jamerica, King's mom.", she said while welcoming me inside.

"I'm Angel.", I said while looking around his house. He had to have the best looking one in his neighborhood.

"He should be upstairs, his room is the last one on the right.", she said.

"Thank you.", I replied before heading upstairs.

As I walked through the upstairs hallway, I noticed all the pictures of their family on the wall. They all seem to be very close and King always seemed to have things handed to him, no matter the age. I continued to walk until I came upon the last door on the right, which had a golden door knob. I knocked on the door a few times, waiting on someone to answer. When he opened the door, he was in his boxers and shirtless. My eyes locked on his body, as he rubbed his eyes, still not realizing that it was me at the door.

"Oh shit.", he said while walking back into his room, slipping into some gym shorts.

"I'm sorry, I should've called.", I said while feeling myself go into a small bit of shame for not calling him first.

"Nah, you straight. I should've been up since I told you to be here at this time.", he replied. He went into his backpack pulling out his Trigonometry text book and a sheet of paper that already had writing on it.