11 | Woman's Worth

|Angel Roberts|

Cause a real man, knows a real woman when he sees her
And a real woman knows a real man ain't afraid to please her
And a real woman knows a real man always comes first
And a real man just can't deny a womans worth
~ Alicia Keys

§

"So, you sliding to King mama shop this afternoon right?", Rain questioned as we headed to our cars. It was finally time for lunch and I was beyond hungry as fuck.

"Yeah, my mommy gon' slay me.", I said.

"Yeah, mommy in law going to slay you.", Rain joked. In return, I shot her a mean mug.

"King is not my nigga b.", I said as we came upon our cars. It was just our luck that our parking spaces were next to each other.

"Alright, I'm tired of you denying it, so let's make a bet.", she challenged.

"Oh, you know I'm down, what's good?", I asked, doing my Nicki Minaj voice. We both burst into laughter.

"Okay bitch, I'm not Miley.", Rain laughed out. "But, you know how we both want the white and gold Jordan twelves? If King asks you to prom, you have to buy me and you the J's and if King asks another broad, then I have to buy them."

"Shit, it's a bet.", I said.

I had already planned on getting Rain those Jordans for her birthday coming up in a few weeks, so either way, this works in my favor.

Once we made it to our cars, Shi gave me a peace sign before sliding in her front seat and pulling off. Hitting the unlock button, I got in and allowed for a waiting King to slide into the passenger seat.

"Hey baby girl.", he said before leaning over the gearshift, kissing my cheek.

I turned my face to his, grabbing his chin and attacking his lips. King not my nigga, but as of the moment, he's all I want. Although we may not be together, I feel as though we have something solid.

"So, where you want to go for food?", I asked as I pulled out of the parking lot.

"Shit, a nigga really craving some chinese food.", he said.

"Hong Kong II it is then.", I said while heading in the direction of the closest chinese food eatery.

"So, when your pops gon' fix your whip?"

"It's in the shop now, from what he telling me, but I lowkey feel like he just going to buy me a new one.", he replied while texting on his phone.

"Why you say that boo?"

"Because, I know he feels bad about what happened to me, so he's going to try to make up for it by buying me new shit. He always trys to buy himself out of his guilt after his actions have effected people around him.", he replied.

I let out a sigh and let all of this sink in. When King talks about his dad, it's now starting to make me hurt a little more than what I should. Last time my father and I talked was last weekend and that was because he had to tell me that he has a big case and he has to go do some background information. Once again, leaving him out of town with Brandy for maybe another week or two. Shit, you might as well say I live by myself.