20 | Losing You

|Angel Roberts|

And there's no way I could ever find someone real as you.
Keep it true like you do.
And I don't wanna lose your love, oh.
Over being hurt before.
Being afraid before, no no.
~ Keyshia Cole

§

Once I was released from school, Diamond was in her Mercedez, waiting for me to make it to her car. My dad confiscated my car and now he wasn't answering his phone to come and get me.I hopped in and she squealed, pulling me into a hug. All together, she arrived in Atlanta right on time, but then again, in a bad time because I would hate for her to get mixed in with all this bullshit.

"So, what are we doing today boo?", she asked once she released me from the tight hug she had managed to create.

"Diamond, I have a lot going on. I know I said we could turn up and hang out, but right now I can't.", I said, holding my head low.

I know Money is going to do everything in his power to make sure King and his family are no longer running shit in the game. That includes taking out his whole family if he has too and if there's one thing I know about the Johnson's ; they do not go down without a fight. Pulling my phone from my jeans pocket, I checked to see if I had any word from King.

Nothing.

"Here, put your address in the GPS so you can freshen up and shit. Meanwhile, tell me what the fuck is going on.", Diamond stated.

I placed my address into the GPS of her Galaxy S6 and waited for her to started driving before I went into detail about the whole situation. She already knows of my past with Money so this shouldn't be a shock to her at all.

"Damn, so what I'm hearing is you trying to save King whole family, not just King.", she questioned.

"Yes. I want to look out for them.", I thought back on how they practically willingly took me in the night Saad tried to rape me and how his mother was there for me whenever I needed to call on her for anything. They treated me like family. "They've done a lot for me."

"Damn boo. Well you know I'm down for you until whenever, so what ever you got planned, count me in."

"No Diamond.", I quickly shut down her offer. "I can't risk you being put into this situation with me. I need you to pretend like you have no idea what's going on, okay?"

"Man Angel, you know how I get down. I'm from Cali boo. Chiraq. You got me fucked up if you think I'm supposed to just let your ass do this shit on your own.", she protested.

Thinking on it all, I knew I shouldn't argue with her because this was an argument I wasn't going to win. I let out a heavy sigh and nodded my head.

"Okay, now let's get you together and then get this shit going. We have two weeks until graduation and this nigga will not be taking you away from me.", Diamond stated, pulling into my front yard.

We stepped out and heading for the front door. I fumbled through my purse for my keys and opened the door. At the moment, I only felt a little hurt.

"Oh baby, you're home early.", my dad stated, pulling his pants up.

Instead of trying to come get me from school, he was over with Brandy, bent over backwards. I shook my head and motioned for him to follow me upstairs to my room. She all I really got left in this situation.

"Angel.", he called after me.

I slammed the door closed once Diamond made it inside. Tomorrow was the last day for seniors and since I'm already 18, I am liable to do what I want as long as it is reasonable. Looking on my bed, these were 3 big envelopes, one from UF, one from BCU and the other from UM. Bethune Cookman University isn't a college I really wanted to get into, so I opened there's first. Just like I thought, I was accepted and my offer from them was a 100% scholarship. The others, I hesitated on which one I should open first.