16 | Pride

|King Jackson|

No matter wrong or right sayin' it's gonna be alright.
No one'll hold you tight, no one'll look you in your eyes.
As if it ain't okay to cry, try to be the tough guy.
Think about you all the time, start to feel it backfire.
No one love you like I, hope our love ain't expire.
Tryna figure out why, dyin' on the inside,
One day I'll get over my pride.

~Kevin Gates

§

Resting in my room, Rain was on the other line lecturing me about how I shouldn't have hit Saad in front of the class. I was my last day of my five day suspension and I damn sure was enjoying it. I was getting tired of all the bullshit I was hearing at school about my family.

"KJ, I know you're hurting, but you can't take it out on the people around you. Aight? Have you talked to your dad?", Rain questioned on the other line.

"Fuck that nigga.", I responded.

I ate on a bag of chips I had in my hand and continued to watch Miami and Golden State go neck and neck. My nigga Curry out there beasting, but my nigga Wade out there on it. I'm a Miami fan until I die, no band wagon this way.

"Come on KJ, don't be like that. Regardless of whether you like it or not, that's still your dad and you should be there for him. It's not like he wanted to get locked up.", Rain attempted to reason.

"Look, I'll talk to you later.", I stated before hanging up on her.

I wasn't trying to talk about my dad to nobody right now. He doesn't deserve to be talked about because he knew this shit was going to happen. Laying back, I decided to go ahead and text Angel. I can always try and get her to talk to me.

- Hey, can we talk? Please? 😩

Waiting a on message back, I decided to get up and do something with myself. Maybe hit the park and play a few rounds with the boys, anything to get my mind off of this shit. Basketball would be the most beneficial way besides relying on a blunt or some pussy. I got up and headed over to my closet, pulling out a pair of Nike gym shorts and a plain grey Hanes tee shirt. I took my second pair of basketball shoes out, which were just a pair of grey and black Foamposites, and started getting dressed. I removed my wife beater, and slipped into my gym shorts, before the door bell rang. Nobody was home because Amira still had a couple hours left in school, and my mom was out getting herself did up.

After pulling my gym shorts on, I went to go open the door. I peeled it open to see Jayla on the doorstep. I cursed myself, trying to figure out why in the hell Amira even gave this bitch the damn password to our gate. Then again, I think my mom gave it to her too.

"Is your mama here?", she asked while sizing me up, trying to put on this fake ass attitude. It's amazing how hoes can ride your dick all day long, but try to play shit off like they hate you.

"Nah.", I said, about to close the door in her face.

"Well, she told me to come over here around this time because she needed to talk to me about something, so can I come in?", she questioned.

Everything she was spitting sounded like bullshit, mainly because my mother had already told me she wasn't doing any work today. If she needed to talk at Jayla, she would've just met up with her thirsty ass at the shop. Bitches bruh, I tell you.

"Man, Jayla, what you want? I don't have time for this shit.", I said.

"I want you.", she said while stepping in my face.