Chapter 1

It was about 12:00 p.m when we got to the Central City Airport and there was only about one hundred people around. Most of them were on their phones while other were getting on a planes. I know this city is big so why is their nothing going on? It's practically abandoned, where is everybody?

"Hey son, I'm going to head onto the rental house and settle in. If you want, I'll take your stuff and you can go check out that Particle Accelerator being activated. Here's you some money to get some food. All I ask you to do is don't get kidnapped. Have fun!" My dad reached into his pocket and pulled out one hundred bucks to give me. He sat it in my hand and took my suitcase out the door to a Uber that was parked out front. There was a crust old man that looked like he could jump someone, but I didn't say anything. If he tried something, my dad would kick his ass before he had a chance to pull out a gun.

After he threw the stuff in the man's trunk, he jumped in the front seat and rolled down the window to talk with me.

"See you, son! Remember, your cousin works at Star Labs so she would probably love to see you! Talk to you later!" He rolled the window back up and before the Uber diver drove off, I was able to scream my goodbyes.

"Bye dad! See you at the house!"I screamed, then made my way down the street. I'm not going to get a taxi yet, I'll just walk around. It's a nice day, plus the map on my phone says there is a coffee shop two blocks away, so I think I'll go by there. It's really freaking cold here, so a latte sounds really good to me.

As I made my way down the street, some man came running my way with a women's purse. He was screaming at people and pushing them out the way, so he most likely stole that.
When he got close enough to me, I could see he was about to knock me down and the best thing I could do was do what my dad always told me. Be a hero if you can.

I grabbed his arm, put my leg out, and pushed him over. He fell with a loud thud, which was definitely his head hitting the concrete. Yep, he was out cold. Haha, get it. It was cold outside and he was knocked out and.... never mind, he got up and I had to be a smart ass.

"Hey buddy, nice purse, but pink isn't really your color. I think red would suit you more, or maybe a maroon color. Hate to be the fashion police, but I'm going to have to confiscate this." I took the purse, and kicked his head. I reached into his pocket, pulled out his gun, then detached the clip, which made the bullets pour out into the street. "Can someone give this to the police when they arrive? I really need some coffee." I gave it to one of the people videotaping, then continued to the coffee shop.

I have been around the supernatural world way too long. What I did was totally bad ass!
>>>

Around a minute later, I got to the door of the coffee shop to see it was called CC Jitters. There was only about five people in there and none were in line, so this should be simple. Coffee and WiFi, that's all I need for the next thirty minutes before I head to see Kate.

I walked inside, and up to the counter to see a beautiful girl with a smile plastered across her face. Her name tag said her name was Iris West, but her name should name angel for how gorgeous she was.

"Oh, That's so sweet of you to say." I snapped out of my train of thought and blushed a scarlet red. I said that out loud. Damn it Stiles, look at what you did! You probably dug your own grave for saying something about another guys girl.

"I'm-I'm so sorry Iris. I probably should have payed attention to my actions. Can I please get a medium vanilla latte and I'll be out of your hair." Iris chuckled at my awkwardness and rang up my order.

"That'll be $3.45, and it's fine. No one's given me a compliment like that in a long time. How old are you?" I handed over the money, nearly flipped my shit. That beautiful women, may have like little ol' Stiles, but she's probably way older than me so that's a let down.