Chapter VI

I rushed down the hallway, starting to run, but I had no idea where his office was. He said that if help is unnecessary then we should look for a guy named Charles and he showed us the office, but I wasn't really paying attention, and since everything looked similar in this castle, there was no way I could make it in time. I was glad that there was no one around, cause I was running like a lunatic, yet having no idea where I was going. It must be here somewhere, cause the bedrooms were upstairs, so how hard would it be to find one particular room from a hundred. Really hard.

  Then a thought popped in my mind. I'll ask a guard. There was supposed to be a guard at the end of every hallway, but of course I had the 'biggest luck' in the world and there was no one there. I sighed in disbelieve, but when I made my way to the right, I bumped into someone. My whole weight crashed into someone's chest, making me swing backwards, but before I even started falling, I felt a strong grip around my shoulders, keeping me in place. It was all like a huge blur. I didn't even notice that I closed my eyes, but when I opened them, I saw the familiar emerald eyes that only one person had. Dimitri.

  "Are you alright?" He asked, slowly releasing me, yet still careful if I'm standing still. Oh, my god, was he looking for me? I gulped in fear, knowing what's next, but still answered his question.

  I just nodded my head. "My apologies, Master." I mumbled, keeping my gaze down. I heard him sigh. I knew he was mad. 

  "Look at me, Amelia." He commanded, and without any hesitation, I did as I was told. He was a lot taller than me, so I had to look up at him. There was uncertain emotion in his eyes. Something that I never saw in a Vampire. And I couldn't figure it out. "Relax, it's fine." He said after a second, rubbing my arms with his and I instantly felt myself relax under his touch. Maybe it was because he saved my life last night, but whenever he touched me, I felt like I could finally calm down.

  His right hand traveled down my arm until he reached my hand. He intertwined out fingers together, making me gasp in surprise. I cannot explain exactly how confused I was in that moment, but the feel of his warm hand holding mine, send electricity trough my whole body. "Come on." He said, before starting to walk in the direction where I came from. A minute later, as we passed a few doors down the hallway, he stopped, letting go of my hand and taking out a key out of his pocket. He unlocked the door and walked inside as I followed.

  It was a huge white room, mixed with a few pieces of black furniture. Very modern. Similar to his room, but still a lot modern than most of the rooms in this castle. A dark, almost black wooden desk was placed in front of the huge windows that were showing off the perfect royal garden. Dimitri walked behind the desk, sitting on the chair and turning his back on the windows. "Have a seat." He said softly, gesturing to the white furniture in front of his desk. Leather. Everything was made of leather.

  I sat on the big leather chair, putting my hands together and resting them on my lap. "You're late." He said firmly, and I knew that tone. I heard that tone many times before. It was something between a question and a statement with that unbelievably arrogant edge. He didn't have to ask why cause his statement was saying it all.

  "I'm sorry, Master. I lost track of time." I said, not taking my eyes off my hands on my lap. I felt a nervous knot form in my stomach. Even though I was known as the slave that showed no emotion during the punishments, no one knew what I hid inside. I've heard many quotes from older people that you should never keep your feelings, emotions, to yourself, but in the Vampire world, I figured that I would only survive if I do all the opposites from the Human world.

  "We both know that's not a good excuse." He said, leaning forward on the desk, almost like he was preparing for something. And that something is 100% my next punishment. "Listen to me Amelia. You broke one of the main rules. And I know you're smart enough to know that I'm gonna have to punish you for that." He stopped. He didn't finish, but stopped. I slowly lifted my gaze, meeting his. He was watching me intently, almost like he was figuring something out.