Chapter XV

"Jenna's a vampire now..." A gasp escaped me as it all cleared out. Then to my horror, I realized how much things are going to change with Jenna as a vampire. If she was my worst enemy while she was a human, now, she'll be my worst nightmare. My thoughts were interrupted when I felt a gentle grip of my trembling hands. Feeling Dimitri's touch made me relax a little as I released a breath I didn't know I was holding, but the thought of Jenna wasn't leaving my head.

"Look at me," Dimitri commanded quietly as I felt his hand slowly caressing my chin so I'd look at him. I lifted my gaze, just to meet those beautiful emerald eyes that for some reason always held hope. The kind of green that pushed its way through the piles of gritty snow to remind you that spring was coming. That churning, passionate green that the ocean turns during a storm. That color of the forest after it rains. And looking into those eyes, I could see it. I could see the hope and life no matter what had happened.

I squeezed his hand and offered a weak smile, but I know I failed miserably. "Amelia, it's just a possibility. It doesn't have to be true." He said softly, making circular moved with his thumb on my hand and sending that electrical sensation that was leaving me a mark for the next few hours. He sighed. "I mean, it's weird, you know? Why would she help Dylan?" He almost said it to himself, focusing on the side.

Confusion washed over me. "You think she helped Dylan?" I had the same thought before, but after hearing she was turned, after almost completing the puzzle, I almost forgot about that thought. But there was a huge part of me hoping that it wouldn't be true.

"Both of the runways were at the same hour. It can't be coincidence. One helped another." Dimitri's voice was raspy, like he didn't get enough sleep. We both spent last night sleepless, unable to drawn even into a dreamless sleep.

"Or... Someone else helped them." I blabbed out, having no idea where that came from. For some reason, all I could think about was Adam. Him being involved in this whole situation.

"It was the middle of the night. The whole palace was asleep." He returned, sounding hopeless. Like he was starting to give up at some level.

"It could've been an outsider." I suggested quietly as I still wasn't aware of my own voice. It was so husky, almost unrecognizable. I was just thinking out loud, but at the same time, I was trying to get to the point. To finally tell Dimitri about Adam.

He frowned slightly, looking like he almost got it, but still needed a hint. "What do you mean?"

I looked down at my hands, then back up at him. "On that meeting, when I accompanied you... How many of those people have access to the castle?" I asked, watching him frown as he was thinking.

"We're working on an important project. Most of them are staying in the city, but there are some of them that have a room here. Just the ones we trust. Why?" He said, but the whole time there was some kind of a doubt in his voice. Some kind of a concern, like he was already worried, even though I haven't got to the worrying part yet.

I listened to him carefully, absorbing all the information. I was right... Was all I could think of. I was right that Adam was near, because I knew that no matter how weird it sounded, I could feel when he was close. When he was around me. And I've had that feeling every time I was alone. I sighed, trying to put my thoughts together. "Because," I mumbled quietly, not knowing how to start. I never told anyone about my Masters before. The whole thing simply wouldn't make sense to any living human being, so I always kept it for myself. I took in a deep breath, feeling like I was losing my strength to move on."The reason I acted so weird was cause... Adam Roth was there, Dimitri."

It took him a few seconds to show reaction as I watched as his expression turning from shocked, to surprised, then back to shocked. "How... how do you know Adam Roth?" His voice was now clear and serious, sending goosebumps all over my body.