Chapter XLVII

You guys, I'm going like crazy on these updates, I wrote nearly 20 pages of 'Bound', but down bellow I published just 8 of them... Yea, it was too much :/ Though, as a bonus, I'll be publishing the next chap tomorrow! Nothing's final, remember, so don't get all frustrated and shit xD

...

  Dimitri's POV

I walked out of her room so fast that my head span as I walked down the stairs. I supported myself with the handrails, before I let go and walked in the living room. My heart was beating madly against my chest, my breaths were as sharp as if I just ran a marathon, and my mind, it was racing. I kept grinding my teeth together, hoping to keep my mouth shut and not shout. I wanted to. God, how I wanted to shout.

My fists were clenching on their own, before I ran a hand through my hair. At that point, I wanted to punch something, badly, but instead I walked towards Christian's alcohol area and poured the whisky in a glass. Maybe way to much. With being a vampire, the only way to forget, or at least temporarily, was to drink. Because afterwards, you would heal anyway.

I stopped in front of the fireplace, and stared at the dark ashes. I couldn't even blink. I felt my heart slowly steadying, but my mind didn't.

"Then you know.." Her words echoed in my head, the weakness in her eyes reflected in the windows across from me. I took a sip from the alcohol, and I didn't even feel it burn down my throat. If I tightened my grip around the glass more, it would've broke. My chest rose up and down, and I couldn't seem to calm my breaths. Not enough.

I could still see her starring at me wide eyed. Those hazels seemed to hold so many emotions in that moment that it was impossible to read. The dark forest-green that was framing the rest of the colors, seemed to be blending in with the ember, almost like the darkness was taking over them. The questionable look, the one where she seemed like she didn't believe her own ears was there. I was wondering when she would ask me if I was serious. When she would asked what happened... What was wrong with me.. However she didn't. She just tried convincing me to stay.

I was tired, that's what happened. I was tired from having to fight for something that was mine in the first place. I was tired from nonstop having to use all my strength to pull her to me, closer and closer, yet the only effect it had, she pushed herself away. The one that was the problem around was my brother. He had a different perspective of view. He saw life differently, and throughout the time I was absent, he seemed to brainwash her.

So I asked. And she answered... It didn't surprise me when she tried convincing me to stay. Not at all. And maybe I would've said yes. I was so close to saying yes. I couldn't help but move closer. Closer and closer, that I almost lost control over myself. I almost broke everything that I planned. But this... This was no what I planned. Her choosing to stay, choosing to stay with my damn brother was not what I planned.

He was the one that made her look at everything around differently. He made her braver, but in a world where we lived, it was only going to get her killed. Just like that night. She didn't listen to me. She disobeyed and listened to her instincts. Again, almost getting herself killed. And I was not planning on getting along with that. I was not planning on losing her. I just got her back.

She was the only woman that could break that ice-wall barrier that was holding my heart emotionless for centuries. Her tragic fate that got her to me was the one that melted that ice. And her beauty and innocence was what heated it. Burned it. I was left with nothing but her. Her in my mind, her in my heart. And the only way of keeping what I had, the only way of surviving was if I kept her with me. But instead, she chose to keep away from me.