Chapter XIII

Dylan? I kept asking myself the same question, unable to accept the fact that it was actually him standing in front of me. Beneath my feet, the ground suddenly felt soft. Like it was slowly sucking me into a dark hole. My legs were giving out on me and it felt like I was floating, unable to take in the air. Oxygen was not enough. My breaths became heavier, shorter, sharper, as I noticed that look in Dylan's eyes that he always had when he felt sorry. He would rise his eyebrows slightly and make those dark puppy eyes of his pop. But at this point, I felt faint. Darkness was starting to creep from the edges of my sight, and my heart was doing an unusual rhythm. Duh-duhn, duh-duhn... A few fast thumps against my chest, and then nothing for a few seconds. And then the same process all over again.

I felt a tear roll down my cheek as I was no longer blinking. "Amelia," His voice was whisper-soft as he put his hands on the metal bars of the cell, but I took a step backwards. I supported myself with the wall behind and turned around, putting my hand on my chest to calm my heart. And that's when I heard Dimitri. Dimitri, I forgot about him. I felt his arm caressing the downside of my back as his breaths were fasting up from my reaction. It's been only a few minutes since we're here, yet I felt my feelings and emotions unmercifully flooding me.

"Amelia," I heard my name again, but this time it was Dimitri. I turned slightly, seeing him close to me, his expression worried as I realized he was holding me. His right hand on my back, while the other one was supporting me by holding my arm. I didn't even notice that I was holding him too. My head was starting to feel dizzy, the world started spinning slightly, and I knew it was time to calm myself. I was trying to think of something good, my 'happy place', but I didn't have that. My family. I no longer had that either.

I see Dimitri saying something, but I couldn't hear him. The pressure in my head was causing my ears to ring. The thoughts were freely accelerating in my head. I wanted them to slow so I can breathe again, but they won't. My breaths came in gasps and I felt like I would black out. My heart was hammering inside my chest like it belonged to a rabbit running for it's skin. I looked at Dimitri again, noticing him mouthing out my name over and over again, but I couldn't hear. Sounds that were near felt far away, like I'm no longer in my body. I was paralyzed, no longer feeling. Only the hot tears rolling down my cheeks.

The room started spinning and I felt like I was going to squat on the floor, but Dimitri was holding me tight enough to keep me on my feet. He started walking and I noticed I managed to make a few steps along with him, but the narrow cement passageways were starting to get smaller and smaller. I felt so sick in my stomach. He's... Dylan, werewolf, lies... Breathe, pain... Blackness, darkness... Breathe. My thoughts seemed to jump from one another. All my fears were tumbling out unchecked by my brain. I was in some kind of a mental free-fall. The room started melting away and I was suddenly in no control of my mind or body. I must... I must talk to him... I must talk to... Dylan... Darkness.

~

"Amelia," I heard my name being called out as I felt heavy pressure on my head. I frowned, trying my hardest to open my eyes, but my eyelids were heavy and were closing on their own. I managed to blink a few times, finally able to see a little brightness, but my sight was blurry. I tried moving my hand, I tried rubbing my head to ease the pain, but I couldn't lift it from the pillow. Wait, why was I lying down? I saw a blurred version of someone next to me, and my name being called out over and over again. A familiar voice. Dimitri.

My vision was getting back to normal as I saw him kneeling next to the bed. I frowned in confusion, still unable to remember how I got here. But I had to get up. That was the only thing spinning in my head. I tensed my muscles, trying to lift my body from the silken sheets, but it felt like there was an invisible force pulling me back down. Holding my body chained on the bed. I groaned, putting my hand on my head as I felt my blood pumping in my ears. I could practically hear my heartbeat.