Chapter LX

Okay guys, so just to make this clear, this is the FIRST chapter that I'm publishing today, just because I couldn't wait any longer... And I have ANOTHER chapter ready for you guys (not completely) that will totally surprise you, and I'll be publishing it later today, cause it's not completely finished ;) So there ya go, a bonus for my loves<3 Sorry for making you wait so long, but this is getting interesting, I promise!

So enjoy this one, and the next one is coming up in a few hours ;)

***

Amelia's POV

A sharp breath escaped me. Like I've been holding it in the whole time. I closed my eyes for a second before inhaling deeply. It's just Dylan. I noticed Dimitri's posture, the way he stood in front of me. He was trying to protect me, and I very much understood why he had a problem with trusting Dylan. But at this point, he was harmless. Comparing to other people...

"You two really thought you were going to enter this old piece of crap alone from the back entrance?" He walked closer as I took a few steps, stopping beside Dimitri.

"And you really think that you'll be out of any help?" Dimitri barked back. I never liked any of us fighting, because at the end of the day, we were all on the same team. At least I thought so.

Dylan practically rolled his eyes at him, before climbing the stairs. "Do you even know what might be waiting for you in there?" Dylan said clearly, trying to keep as quiet as possible. I could still feel chills going down my spine with just the thought of who I left Christian with. I knew he was stronger. He could handle the situation if something went wrong. But I was also very much certain that we had to get into the house, as soon as possible. As he walked towards the door, I turned back and watched him push forward. Nothing. Of course it was locked.

He peeked through the crushed window. Every step that we took was more than just a noise. The broken glass, the dry leaves, and the old wood was breaking that creepy silence, every each second making me wonder how it was possible. It didn't seem right. None of this...

I could remember the house, very clearly. Adam took away most of my memories, leaving only the discipline, the punishments, and the training to remain untouched in my mind... However, the place was still like a palace when I was there. It was clean, and light, and... Alive. The garden was to die for, even though I only watched it through the windows. And the inside... It was all marvel, crystal chandeliers, and leather furniture.

And now... Now it was nothing but old wood and broken glass. The garden was just another part of the woods around; the thorns starting to crawl up the walls from the outside, and the long grey roots were making the whole place barely recognizable. One false step and God knows what will welcome you on the dirty ground.

An image flashed before me. I could remember what I always tried doing like it was yesterday. I knew how the lock worked. If it was still the same one. I noticed Dimitri almost flinching when I walked in front of him and towards Dylan.

"Let me try something." I mumbled as he stepped away from the door. I put my hair behind my ear. I remembered that every door was always locked. Adam thought of everything. And even when I managed to unlock it, he was always one step ahead of me. Literally. His eyes were always on me, therefore, I never had the chance to escape.

The little window on the door was crashed. There was a small hole, the glass around it sharp, like someone had thrown a stone at it. There was enough space for my hand to fit through it, but the guys would've got stuck. I was literally doing this like a blind person. I had no idea how I was going to unlock it, but I knew where the lock was. I found it.

My fingers wrapped around the key, but it was hard to exactly turn it and unlock the door, since I was doing everything backwards. I pushed my hand more in, feeling the sharp glass trap my arm from each side, and with one false move, I would've decorated the old porch with my blood. But there was no going back. I was there. I knew I brought them at the right place. The last thing I needed was fear, and false panic.