Chapter LXII

Alrighty guys! We're here finally xD So I won't blab on much, I'm writing this A/N just to say SORRY for taking so long. I was really sick these few days, and I wrote the chapter in Thursday, I think, but it wasn't finished, and now I got the chance to finish it... So here we are!

  Again, sorry for leaving the cliffhanger, things will be over soon, and everything will be left clear! I promise :D

  Oh, and it's not edited, but y'all already know that xD

  Enjoy!

Amelia's POV

  I stared back at him. The air didn't seem enough, and I was barely breathing. I wasn't sure what took over my body first. Shock or fear. I wasn't able to comprehend what had just occurred. What he just said...

  It felt as if my brain was slowly shutting down. I wasn't even believing my own ears. There was nothing going through my mind.. Simply blocked. My lips parted as I felt my eyes starting to burn. No, this time I wasn't faking it. It was the shock taking over my actions, taking over my emotions, taking over my entire body.

  The king's face fell faster than a corpse in cement boots. In that instant moment, his skin became pale, his mouth hung with lips slightly parted and his eyes were as wide as they could stretch. He was still listening, but I wasn't. I wasn't able to concentrate on anything at that point.

  There was no place for me to escape. I was trapped. A part of me wanted to believe what I had just heard, but a part of me put up that bearer that only said, LIES. Maybe it was just a sick joke. A distraction... But his face told me otherwise.

  My eyes were still registering, but my brain wasn't. It's like there was something holding me back from forming out a single thought. From simply processing what I was witnessing. His body suddenly froze, his skin turning that lifeless grey color, and the breath in his throat instantly cut.

  A second of realization hit me. White stake was pushed through his heart from behind, and I wasn't even sure how it all happened so fast. The air that was barely going down my throat almost chocked me from the gasp that escaped, as my hands moved on their own, covering my mouth from letting out any words to come out.

  There was that fear again, gripping my whole body. I wasn't believing my own eyes. The king was killed. In front of me. And even though in any other situation my world would've lightened up, this time it was just plain shock still taking over my body. I saw an action, I saw his body lifelessly fall on the floor, but I was barely there. My body felt nearly numb, and I could feel my legs giving out on me. It felt as if I was going to collapse any second.

  And then there it was. The answer. The man that just solved everything. The man that just saved my life for the millionth time. Dimitri. He was the one that killed him.

  There was a part of me that believed all of this was just a dream. And that part of me wanted this to be a dream. But on the other hand, the king was one that deserved death, more than anyone. He was the one that deserved hell, same as the one he put through everyone that was near him. So a part of me hoped that it wasn't a dream. That this was actually happening. And barely being aware, it was...

  But when I saw Dimitri's face, everything shut down. Everything went silent. When I saw his eyes staring back at mine, filled with fear, dread, and most of all panic, I knew this was real. I knew this was happening. His skin was never paler and the blood on his clothes, the few scratches on his face, they made me think what the hell happened while I was upstairs...

  But the other thoughts seemed simply blocked. They were locked somewhere else in my brain, as the only thing I could think of was the king's words. His last words. So faint and silent, almost unbelievable, that Dimitri couldn't have heard.