Chapter LII

Helloww everyone, I'm so sorry for the late update. I really never intended to delay so much... A lot of things happened, which I'm not gonna bother you with, but let's just say I had to re-write this chap too so...

  Anyways, I don't really have the time to read all of your guys' comments, but I see how many of you have objections with the characters' personalities... I guess I'll say sorry for that, it's just that I am trying to make the scenes as realistic as possible, which is ironic cause it's a supernatural book.

But, no I won't change their personalities all of a sudden, because I do believe that it's hard to get over memories and 'traumas' in this situation (speaking of Amelia's character). If those weaknesses bother you, you can quit reading really, cause I can't make it satisfying for everyone...

Thanks to those who made it till here, hope you like it! Please vote and comment what you think, but remember, everything will be explained sooner or later. I promise ;)

Enjoy <3

***

Amelia's POV

For the first time, in so long, my face was completely fallen, no mask of comping fake expressions. My eyes kept wandering, trying to find some kind of answer on Alana's face. In the world that we lived in, I was never sure of anything. I was nothing but a human before, and everything that the witch said made some kind of sense. It was weird, confusing for sure, but it made sense.

My heartbeat seemed to make those slight skips, making me try to inhale the air as much as I could, but the sudden mess of thoughts that swirled around my mind wasn't letting me. Leaving me lost. What I did know was that Dimitri never lied to me. I said I trusted him. And I did. I was sticking to that. And there was no one, not even a psychic witch that was going to make me change my mind, let alone feelings I had for him.

I cleared my throat silently, realizing that I muted everything around me. Christian asked Alana something, but at the time I found my way back to reality, they were done talking. I knew what I had to do. In that moment, the only thing I had to do was find him. Find my way back to Dimitri. I could still feel him, his love, his closeness, and I knew my father still wouldn't do anything to harm him. At least not until he got something out of it. So, the most important thing at that point was to find him. Stop him. And get Dimitri back.

I placed my hands on the table in front of me, noticing how Alana's eyes were still questioning me. "Look, I understand that you're trying to help, and that you're psychic or whatever, but I'll make this easy for all of you. I am not sired to Dimitri in any kind of way. I'm sure."

There was huskiness in my voice, but I tried being as clear as possible. As confident as possible at least. I was not letting it go for sure. But if I wanted to save him, deal with all the other problems I had, I needed a straight plan, and a clear head. Her visions were something that I decided to deal with later.

I turned my hand, looking at the red cut on my palm. What the hell? It was supposed to be healed my now. Taking in a deep breath, I shook my head mentally, trying to clear it as much as possible. "Now, can we finish this, please? Every second counts, and I really do not have the time for this right now. Something bad is coming," My voice trailed at the last part, almost like my thought came out loud.

"Is that you, or the cliona talking?"

I looked at Charles, still waiting for Alana to take my hand. "It's the fact that my father is a psychopath that will probably cut my boyfriend in half if we don't get there on time." My voice came out louder than I intended, but we all knew that. I was just the one saying it out loud.