Chapter XVII

I noticed my hand trembling as I stared at what I may have caused. How did this happen? Suddenly, I heard the doors opening, footsteps. I glanced at that direction, seeing Dimitri walking in and without thinking or hesitation, I dropped the flower in front of me, covering it with my foot. "Amelia," His voice was whisper-soft instantly making me relax, breathe out I breath I didn't know I was holding. Dimitri walked closer, trying to offer a smile, but from the expression on his face I could tell he was frustrated.

"Hey," I said quietly, watching him sit down next to me. Nothing. Silence from both our sides. "What happened?" I managed to mouth out after a few seconds. I rested my elbows on my knees, playing with my fingers and focusing my gaze on them. I could clearly hear his deep breaths, almost like he was trying to calm himself.

"He never listens." Dimitri said simply, making me look at him. I knew he was talking about Christian but I was slightly lost. My thoughts from before banished from my head as I was focusing on Dimitri. "I told him... I told him to stay away from you, but I guess he never thought I was serious. Till now," I could make out that he didn't want to look at me for some reason, cause he was looking everywhere but at me. However, at this point, where I was already hiding two things from him, I didn't want him looking at me the way he did. Intently, closely, understandable.

I sighed. "How does he know?" I asked slowly, carefully, knowing that Dimitri knew about the fact that Christian was aware of my real identity. Someone told him, and I trusted Dimitri enough, so I was sure it wasn't him.

"I don't know." Dimitri ran his fingers trough his hair, leaning on the balusters. I stared at him, somehow unable to take my eyes off him. It's like I was trying to fill my heart, to memorize his every feature, cause deep inside me, something was awaken after today. Dimitri looked slightly confused when he noticed me staring at him, but I moved my gaze and fix it on my hands again. "I swear I wasn't the one who told him." I closed my eyes for a second, listening to his voice repeating in my head. That wasn't my intention. I trusted him. I knew he would keep my secret.

"Hey," His voice was so deep, yet so soft. It was a slow whisper that made the pit of my stomach tingle. I felt him moving closer, but I was to concentrated on my thoughts to look at him. "Amelia," I suddenly felt his index finger bringing my chin up as my head turned to face him. His eyes were even more noticeable on the daylight. The fresh grassy green color swirled into an Atlantic blue as he gazed at me. I stared at him, feeling myself becoming hypnotized by the changing colors. His fingers were magic on my skin as they caressed my cheek slowly before he put a stand of hair that was falling on my face behind my ear. "Do you trust me?" A quick sharp gasp escaped me at the vulnerability in his voice.

His hand never left my face, and it was distracting, but the answer to his question was simple. No hesitation. No blur. I nodded my head, unconsciously closing my eyes as I brought my hand up, covering his that was resting on my cheek. "With my life." I breathed out, opening my eyes. He didn't smile. There was something else hiding in his eyes. It wasn't surprise. He was happy in some kind of way, but there was more to it.

Dimitri leaned forward and I instantly gave in, closing my eyes as his lips pressed against mine. The thoughts from before, they were long banished from my head. All I could feel was my heartbeat raising. My breaths fastening. My stomach tingling. The sensation whenever I felt his kiss, touch... It was unreal. It made me feel high. No, the thought of him made me feel high. With his presence I felt... unconscious, unaware of where I was. With his presence I was no longer on Earth. The sweet kiss was soon replaced with a more demanding, hungry kiss as his lips covered mine. My lips danced along his, and then all over again.

We pulled away as I tried taking in the air as much as I could, but I was instantly met with his deep green eyes that made me hold my breath all over again. Seconds... seconds till he pulled me into his embrace, letting out a sharp quiet groan and earning one from me too. His strong arms wrapped around my small body as one of his hands was tightly holding my hair, messing it up even more. It felt like I haven't seen him in a long time, when it was just a few hours since we last talked. He kissed the top of my head in some kind of a fast, yet slow kiss as he inhaled deeply. My whole body was relaxing under his grip, but I was still holding him tightly.