Chapter XXXIV

Huge thanks to @m.laura50 for suggesting this song! I think it fits perfectly with this chap <3

Amelia's POV

I kept telling myself, I have to stay conscious. I've had worse...

  Clenching my jaw, I supported myself with my hands, and jerked up in a sitting position as much as I could. "Stay still, love." Dimitri mumbled near my ear as I wrapped my arm around his neck.

Looking at him, I noticed we were only inches apart. "No, it hurts. Not yet." I whispered, shaking my head and telling him not to touch the arrow that was literally stuck in my thigh.

"I have to. You'll start healing." His voice got mixed with Adam's and Christian's. It was hard to focus on them when I was practically seeing black dots from the pain my body was in. "Hold my hand." I looked down, seeing him reaching his hand for me. I starred, and for some reason hesitated. But I took it. Deep inside, I trusted Dimitri. I had no idea if it was because he was reminding me of everything we've been through, or because of those simple, but, oh, so complicated feelings, but I trusted him.

Without realizing, I squeezed his hand, and I knew that had to be done. I can take the pain. Really. Nodding his head slightly, I felt him coming closer to my ear, and I knew what he was doing. He was trying to make me focus on him so it wouldn't hurt as bad. It was a way of regulating the pain with setting your mind on something completely different. I was taught from my father, and of course had a lot of practical chances to train myself. Dimitri, however, knew his closeness had an effect on me. And he used it.

My mind was completely focused on him, muting everything around. As his lips brushed my ear, I felt his warm breath, sending those so familiar shivers down my spine. Feeling how his other hand moved around the arrow, I tensed, but was too focused on him. "Ready?" He whispered huskily. Tightening my grip around his neck, I buried my head in his shoulder and slightly nodded. "One," I closed my eyes. "Two... Three." And he pulled.

I felt as if my skin was opening all over again, causing that burning pain to make my whole body go numb for a few seconds. I groaned loudly in pain, feeling how I had my breaths fastening up with every each second. "It's over. It's gone, baby," His voice sounded fainted, as I felt his hands around my back, almost like he was holding me still, at the same time hugging. It's gone? That wasn't so bad. Not nearly as I thought it would be.

I felt him standing up, and pulling me up with him, as tried putting my whole weight in my other leg. Dimitri's arm was around my lower back for support, while mine was wrapped around his neck. I nearly forgot about the situation around, but as soon as I heard the shouting again, I knew what was going on. I even forgot about Sara.

"Well, of course she has both of you on her side now. I know very well how gifted she is." I heard Adam's arrogant voice, and as his words flew out of his mouth, I felt myself instantly tensing. How dare he? As that sly smirk of his appeared, I noticed him glancing at me for a split second, but Christian's moves were way faster than I thought. Adam's back soon hit the wall behind again as I saw Christian's fist meeting his nose causing me to flinch. If he could, he would've beat him to bloody pulp by now, but Christian enjoyed making them suffer first.

"Relax! Like I said, my intentions were never to fight!" Yeah right. "I'm here to offer you a deal." But no matter what he said, I knew nothing would change Christian's mind to let him go now.

"We're not interested in your deal." Christian growled quietly, yet enough for everyone to hear. The rest of us stayed as told. We weren't supposed to get involved in something until Christian says so. Apparently, he was able to handle things himself. Not a lie though.