Chapter XXIV

Amelia's POV

   No thoughts. No sounds. Complete silence. Until... I heard the doors banging loud against the wall, furious footsteps, but my mind was too shut down to react. From the carousel of random ideas, came some order - a subtle awareness of who I was under the flow of thoughts with their loose connections to my waking life. My eyelids suddenly felt heavy under the brightness, that without any warning started making it's way in the room. Considering the fact that I barely slept last night, my mind started shutting off again, like an old engine. The thoughts started banishing, leaving no trace.

  "Amelia, come on. Wake up." A deep voice echoed, and my ears were suddenly very aware of the sounds again. Too much. Too loud. I groaned, frowning my eyebrows as I tried to block the light, but there was no use. "It's past 7 already. Get up." Christian? I was suddenly aware of the familiar cold voice as I blinked my eyes open. What the hell was he doing here?

  I groaned as I tried lifting my body upwards in a sitting position, but I failed miserably, landing on the pillow in less that a second. "What the hell is going on?" I mumbled, putting my hands over my eyes to faint the brightness.

  I saw his blurred figure standing in front of the bed as he crossed his arms on his chest. "Don't tell me you forgot. I told you last night. Your training starts today. We have no time to lose." My eyes suddenly snapped open at his words. Yes, I remembered him saying that. But what I didn't remember was understanding why. Why was he in such a hurry with my training? My mind was filled with all kind of crap about me being what-not, but I managed to get at least a few hours sleep last night. Now... Now he flung in my room, waking me up in 7 freaking in the morning, and saying that he was actually serious about all of that.

  But I knew better than questioning Christian. The last time I did that, he threaten to kill me, and I was positive that he could, since he already showed me how easy it was for him to snap my neck. Easier than snapping a branch. Jerking myself up, I took in a few sharp breaths and sat on the edge of the bed, realizing he was still in the room. "God, you're slower than a herd of snails traveling through peanut butter. I've seen grass grow faster than you getting out of bed." Christian mumbled and turned around, leaving the room without closing the door behind. He left me with my jaw hanging  from his rude words.

  I felt my eyes wide open as I stared at the now empty doorway. Did I really hear him say that, or was it all in my head? "Come down in 15 minutes. At least try!" I heard him shout from the hallway. Yep, he said it. I was still having a hard time accepting everything him and his witch told be that night, but he did a great job taking my mind off things. In not the most respectful way tho. Cursing under my breath, I stood up and stumped towards the door, closing it. What was with him?! Couldn't he just close the door like a normal person.

  I sighed and turned around, facing the large old fashioned room. Running my hands in my messy hair, I went straight in the bathroom, getting myself cleaned up. No matter how much I showered, I felt like that dirt was still all over me. The blood over my back, my hands. I couldn't feel cleaned, even though I already took 3 showers in the two days I was in the house. Two days without Dimitri. My mind swirled with all the possibilities, thinking if he knew I was alive or not, was he alright, or was he even out of those cells. I dried my body with a towel, putting on the simple black lingerie and walking out the bathroom.

  My mind felt so occupied, I couldn't pay any attention to the time. I put on the first thing that I came under my hand when I peeked in the closet. Jeans and a simple pastel yellow shirt. Calliope was kind enough to leave me a few from her clothes, enough for the next few days. Unlike some people in this house. And by that, I mean Christian. He saved my life, yes, but that didn't mean that he could act however he wanted with me. I towel dried my hair and took in a deep sharp breath before walking out the room and heading downstairs.