Chapter LVII

Okay first of all, here we are! After a week or so, huh? Time flew! Alrighty, so I am really sorry for taking so long, I had real-life 'difficulties' these days, but I'm over it :) *weird smile*. Okay, I have to start inserting more jokes, it's getting boring... Buttt!.. But, I wrote 15 pages for you guys! Yayzies! Yea, good luck. I really couldn't stop though. Again.

But it's okay if we go in the past again, right? We really have no other choice... But I think you guys like these flashbacks, no? Comment what you think about this one, though, don't freak out pwease. Let's see what we'll find out about the past in this chapter ;) Be patient, the explanation is at the end. Oh, and don't worry, it won't be that confusing... Time machine! Let's do this bitches! Back in the past!!!

***

Four years ago...

Amelia's POV

I stared blankly in front of me. My back was leaned on the headboard of the bed while I kept my legs crossed. However, the headache was getting stronger each hour. I couldn't forget about that night. The night he took me away. The night he stole everything from me. My whole life, within a few seconds.

It seemed like the memories were eating me alive. He thought he could make me believe that it was simple. That all of it was supposed to happen. That I belonged with him. He couldn't be more wrong. He couldn't even imagine how much I hated him. I would never trust someone like him. A creature that lived to see people suffer, and die. The one that fed on human blood and pain.

Adam was the devil. I knew that from the moment I saw him. He was the one that took everything from me. He was still taking. More and more. Slowly. Every second of the day he took another piece of my life. Of me. Every second I spent in the house, he managed to make my life a little shorter. And I tried. I tried running. But there was no escape from that hellhole.

He was everywhere. And I was just a seventeen year old girl in attempt to run away. Wherever I turned, he was always one step ahead of me. Whatever I did, he was one level stronger than me. And after each attempt, I got a little lesson. A part of 'teaching' me. Disciplining me.

I looked at the door. My escape. But it didn't matter anyway. It was locked. I spent the whole day in his room. Apparently, he didn't trust his servants. He only trusted himself with me. According to him, it was for my own safety. I tried telling him that he was wrong. More than once. I would tell him everything that was on my mind, yell, and scream, but I would only get punished for that. I accepted that I had no chances against that man. But I never accepted that there was no escape. I was going to get out of that house one way or another.

I glanced at the nightstand. There was a glass of water left for me. How nice... It was probably poisoned. I took the small glass, bringing it up to my nose. I inhaled slightly, but it had no smell. I still didn't trust him with it, though. There were scentless poisons. I puffed putting the glass back on the nightstand. Little did I know, I put the glass over the pills he left for me, making it slip and spill. All over the table.

I felt how my heart skipped a beat for a second, even though it wasn't that much of a damage. The few papers on the nightstand got a little wet, and the first thing I thought of was if he was going to be mad at me. I sighed, trying to clear my head as I pulled the sleeves of the over-sized shirt he gave me, and wiped the water from the wooden table. I just hoped it didn't get in the drawer.

Opening it slowly, there was really only one thing I could focus on. Beside the few papers, there was a large brown book placed in the middle. It was like an instinct. Without hesitating much, I took it out of the drawer, checking if it was wet. Good, the water didn't get in the drawers. He wasn't even going to notice. Before I could put it back in, I saw a small paper sticking out from between the pages.