Chapter 2.

When I got home from Luke's I decided on taking a shower and picking out what I was going to wear for the night. Hopefully this shower would relax me, talking to Michael had tensed me up I felt like I had stress knots all over my neck and back. I stayed in the shower for much too long, the water turning cold was the only thing that pressured me to get out. 

I wrapped a towel around my hair and grabbed a baggy t-shirt so I could be comfortable until I had to start getting ready. I scanned my wardrobe for something I could wear, but I felt like everything was too plain. Then I remembered the dress I had gotten a few months ago but I never wore it because I was scared that it was too risky. I pulled it off the hanger from my closet and smiled to myself. It was black, had a cut out on the chest, and three lines cut out around my waist, all covered in black mesh. Ashton would probably have something to say about this.

--

I must have fallen asleep because the next thing I knew it was eight at night, and I had a text from Michael. Why him of all people would be texting me, I wasn't sure but I opened it anyway.

From: Michael
I guess you decided not to come tonight? (;

To: Michael
No asshole, I'm on my way right now.

From: Michael
Hurry or you'll miss all the fun 

I chucked my phone to the side and started getting ready, I wanted to look nice so I spent a little extra time on my makeup and hair. I slid on my dress and heels, and I was back on my way to Luke's house.

"I'm going out Mum, I'm staying at Luke's with Ash tonight!" I called to my mother who was probably in the living room watching some soap opera on the TV.

"Alright, have a goodnight! Love you!" She responded.

"Love you, too."

When I pulled up to Luke's I could hear the music from outside but no one had gotten there yet. I parked Ash's car and walked up to the door and let myself in.

"Where have you be-" Ashton cut himself off, and his face went red.

"What?" I questioned.

"You need to change," he ordered. 

"Ashton it's a party lighten up, I'm not changing," I snapped.

Calum, Luke, and Michael entered the room and I smiled at them. Calum and Luke stared with their mouths open but Michael was looking somewhere else. Not like this was anything new.

"You look gorgeous, Kels!" Calum gaped.

"Thank you! Ashton wants me to go home and change," I pouted, looking over in Ash's direction, he was frowning.

"No!" Luke and Calum said in unison, and Ashton gave them the death glare. Michael laughed dryly, and walked into the kitchen.

Car doors slamming shut, and people yelling outside tore us away from the awkwardness that had just washed over the room.

"Til' the break of dawn yo!" Calum screeched quoting Project X, which may just be the most stupid movie i've ever watched. I giggled at him, and went to go get myself a drink. 

"Following me now?" Michael grinned, beer in his hand, leaning back onto the fridge.

"Nope just getting a drink and I'll leave you alone," I said with a smile, pushing him out of the way of the fridge. He frowned a bit.

"Have fun tonight, Michael." I told him, as I made my way out of the kitchen to the room of people that was quickly filling up. Ash, Cal, and Luke had disappeared so I found myself walking around, alone.