Chapter 8.

The doctors had let me out of the hospital the next day, but they wanted to keep Ashton for a little while longer. I'd been laying around the house all day until Luke called. 

"Kels, you're coming over! I'll be at your house in 5 minutes." He said quickly and hung up.

It took everything for me to remove myself from my bed. I sighed and walked over to my dresser to find some sweatpants to pull on. I had just put my hair up in a ponytail when I heard Luke's car horn. I walked down the stairs and called to my mum.

"I'm going to Luke's, I'll be back later." 

"Alright, be safe please!" She yelled back. I walked out the door and glared at Luke while getting in his car.

"You interrupted my lazy time, you know." I said rolling my eyes.

Luke laughed, "That's why I did it, you needed something to do." He said all smiley,

The hum of the radio was lessening the silence between us. When we pulled up to his house, he looked over at me. 

"Michael's here." He mumbled quickly and left the car.

Hopefully, Michael had forgotten about what he said in the hospital. Not likely, but a girl can wish. I followed Luke to the door and stepped inside. I didn't see Michael, or Calum.

"Come on they're playing Xbox." Luke said beginning to walk to his basement. I followed him again. 

Michael was leaning up against the couch, and Calum was sprawled across the floor. They were too focused on the game to even notice Luke and I entering the room. I crawled onto the couch careful not to disturb Michael, he could get really pissy if he got distracted. He could really act like a 12 year old girl sometimes. Luke flopped down on a chair and we waited in silence for the game to be finished.

"Fuck!" Calum yelled throwing the controller. Michael was smirking.

"Be careful you're gonna break it!" Luke whined. 

"When did you get back?" Calum turned around to finally face Luke and I.

"A while ago." Luke shrugged.

I was feeling extremely awkward, Michael hadn't moved from his spot on the floor. Was he going to ignore me now? Was that his stupid plan? I sighed a little louder than I should have.

Michael turned around and grinned, "What's got you aggravated, Kels?" He asked. My cheeks were reddening and I just shook my head. He took a seat next to me on the couch. So maybe he had forgotten what he said? "We'll talk later." He whispered, it gave me goosebumps like always. Or maybe he hadn't forgotten.

--

"I'll just stay on the couch, Luke. It's late you don't have to drive me home, you're tired." I said, making myself comfortable on his couch like usual.

"If you insist, just tell me when you wanna leave tomorrow. Goodnight." He said walking up the stairs to his room.

"Night." I called back. 

It was kind of cold, and if I was going to sleep I needed a blanket. I got up and walked down the hall to the spare bedroom, and there stood Michael Clifford with his shirt off. He looked over at me and smiled a bit.

"Sorry! Oh god, sorry. I was just looking for a blanket. I'll go, sorry." I rambled, closing the door as quickly as possible. I was speed walking down the hall when I heard the door open again. 

"Can't wait to talk to me?" He teased.

"No! I was just looking for a blanket, it's cold." I mumbled, not turning around to face him. 

"Yeah, sure." I could just tell he was smirking. I rolled my eyes and sat back on the couch. Michael threw a blanket at me and sat back down. 

"Thanks. So, what did you want to talk about?" I asked, and started picking at my nail polish. A nervous habit I'd picked up over the years, which was quite annoying.

"So at the hospital..." He started, and looked down.

"Do you really think just taking yourself out of my life is going to help anything, Michael?" I asked quickly.

He shook his head, "I just don't want to hurt you again, you know. I was just thinking out loud. I went a little over board." 

"A little." I scoffed.

"Don't be mean." He pouted.

"Seriously, you leaving now would hurt me a lot more than you know." I could barely hear myself, I was just hoping Michael would hear it so I didn't have to repeat myself.

"I know." Was all he said. He pulled me closer to him and rested his head on mine. "I'm not leaving you, I promise." 

"Pinkie swear?" I whispered and held out my pinkie. Michael intertwined his with mine and squeezed his arm a little tighter around me. Sitting here with him made me happy. He made me happy, for the most part. He pressed his lips to my temple, and I felt my cheeks heat up. 

"Go to sleep, Kels. I'll be here when you wake up." 

I don't know what it was about the words he'd just said, but they caused my heart to race. I even got butterflies in my tummy. It was going to be hard to sleep when he was making me feel like this.

"Michael, I'm not tired." I whined.

"But, I am." He yawned.

"Fine, come here. Lay down."

Thankfully, Luke had an L shaped couch. Michael layed one way with his head on my lap, and I layed the other. 

"Goodnight, Kelsey." Michael whispered.

"Night, Michael."

I played with his hair until I heard light snores coming from him. He looked so peaceful and innocent. I smiled to myself and cuddled up under my blanket. Eventually I drifted off to sleeping, nothing but happy because of Michael Clifford.