Chapter 27.

After going to the mall with my new American girl friends I had learned all the drama there was to know in Los Angeles. It wasn't really any different than Australia, except for the accents. I had gotten a few things while we were at the mall, but I didn't want to spend all my money since I didn't have a job yet. I'd probably apply to Fat Burger and see if Cameron could get me in.

Currently we were eating frozen yogurt, and talking about... something? I hadn't really been listening.

"So is this boyfriend of yours going to come visit you soon, or maybe your brother and his friends? Are they cute? Kelsey, you have to hook me up with one of them." Erica pleaded.

I almost choked on my frozen yogurt, which was salted caramel and it was like heaven.

"They're such dorks." I giggled.

"Really cute dorks." Cameron mumbled.

I laughed even harder, it was so strange being around a die hard 5sos fan. Cameron had told me earlier that she had liked the boys since Luke's covers on youtube. Which I watched just for a laugh when I was upset, because his hair was really something back in the day.

"Do you want to see pictures?" I asked, and they all nodded quickly.

I was scrolling through my camera roll when I came across a picture of Michael and I that I had taken on the plane to London. My chest tightened, and I swiped past it until I got to a picture of Ashton that made me laugh. He was sticking out his tongue, and it looked like he literally had crazy eyes. I held my phone up to show the girls.

"So this is my brother." I stifled a giggle.

"Do his eyes always look like that?" Tessa asked timidly.

I shook my head and laughed. Erica snatched my phone out of my hand and started going through my pictures.

"The blonde is so cute." She sighed still swiping the screen of my phone. "Is this your boyfriend?" She asked turning my phone to me.

I fidgeted in my seat, and nodded.

"I pictured you more with the blonde." She shrugged and passed my phone back to me.

I looked down at my phone and frowned. Ashton, Luke, and Calum had already called me today. There was still nothing from Michael. I had contemplated on calling him, but I still wasn't sure how I would react to hearing him. I missed him, and I wondered how he was taking this. Luke had told me he wasn't doing so well, but I didn't know if he was lying just to make me feel better.

Tessa snapped her fingers at me, "Are you gonna pick up your phone?" She asked.

I hadn't even heard it ringing, and when I looked down all the color in my face drained, and my heart dropped into my stomach. I literally felt ill. If I didn't answer this call would he try calling me again? I clicked the answer button, and squeezed my eyes shut.

"Uh... H-hey." I stuttered.

"Kelsey." He sighed, he sounded so relieved that I had picked up.

"What's up?" I asked as my voice cracked. I looked at the ground, this was terrible.

"I miss you." He answered, his voice was so quiet.

"I..." I let out a strangled sob, and covered my mouth.

"Please don't cry, baby." He said quietly again. 

"Michael." I croaked, "I can't-"

"Please don't hang up, please. I need to hear you, please." He said frantically, his voice was louder now.