Chapter 4:I'm coming for you

Lapis' P.O.V

"Um yeah I'm cool?"
Peridot what the hell?! Does she really think I'm that gullible? My god she's a terrible liar, it's cute but my god. I giggle to myself before I reply to Peri's text.

Lapis-Peri just tell me what's going on already

I wait. While I wait I crank up Twenty-one Pilots and play Migraine. To be honest they really helped me overcome my depression, their music is so good! I flop onto my bed listening to my music while I wait for Peri to answer my text. I check my phone again...
She hasn't even read it! Okay whatever's happening must be serious, I swear if she doesn't answer-

Just then I see three dots appear indicating that Peridot is typing. I stare at the pocket sized screen hoping for an answer to my question. Maybe Jasper has gotten into her head from math this morning...
No, she was acting like that the entire class period before Jasper decided to be an ass wipe..

I glance down at my phone to find the three dots have disappeared and no answer from Peridot. Alright, if she's gonna play hard to get than I'm ready! I close out of the Messages app and open up Contacts. I scroll through various familiar faces and see Peridots face flash by. I scroll too quickly and have to scroll up to tap on her icon. I do so and click on the telephone icon and hold my phone up to my ear waiting for her voice to fill my eardrums.

As I wait hearing the call sound be replayed I ponder about what could be going through her head right now, what might be happening to her, what she's experiencing. Maybe she's in love with someone and doesn't know what to tell them. Maybe she's bipolar, oh what if she could be gay?!

Nah I doubt it, she seems pretty straight to me, sometimes...
"Hey this is Peridot! Sorry I'm busy at the moment but leave me a message after the beep!" *beep*
I hang up. Anger fills me as I urge to know what's wrong with Peridot and why she's acting this way. It isn't normal for her. I throw my phone to the floor not giving a care in the world if it breaks or not. "Fuck you Peridot, fuck you!" I scream into my pillow. Tears of rage fill my eyes as I have no idea what's going on.

"Incoming call" my phone says in a robotic tone. I look up from my snotty pillow and look towards the floor. I sniffle in shock to see that Peridot is calling me. I scramble from my bed and fall towards the floor not caring if I hurt myself. I crawl towards the phone and click the green answer icon and hold my phone up to my ear.

"Peridot?" I say in a confused tone. My voice sounds raspy from screaming and crying into my pillow. Another tears slowly rolls down my cheek and falls to floor. "Lapis I-" she pauses for a moment.
"Lapis I don't know how to explain this but I, I just can't tell you.." She says, her voice sounding half dead. She begins to cry.

For a moment I hear her breath as she's about to say something, and then she hangs up. I lie on the floor still holding the phone to my ears not realizing the burning sensation in my eyes and how many hot tears are flowing down my face. That's it, I've had enough of her bullshit.

Lapis-I'm heading over to your house right now and when I get there, you better be ready missy!

I turn my phone off and set it onto the floor. Groaning, I push myself off the floor and stand up to stretch before I grab my coat and slip on sneakers. I bend over to grab my phone from off the floor and open the door to leave my bedroom.

Lucky for me my parents work late and often don't get home until midnight. Peridots parents are off on a business trip right now and don't get back until another two weeks. I run down my staircase and head towards the door grabbing my house keys with me. Opening the front door to my house I step out into the biting cold and close the door behind me. It's on Peridot.