Chapter 6:Confess to me

Lapis' P.O.V

Peridot was sleeping in my lap what the fuck this was not my intentions on what I had planned! I looked down to find the cutie nuzzled up into a ball as if she were a cat, cute. I smiled not noticing that I had been blushing. I leaned closer to Peridot only to hear her hitched breathing and quiet snores escape her mouth. Jesus christ she needs to tone it down or i'm gonna lose it! I looked back to see her front door was still open from her opening it and me running towards her to grab her, like she thought I didn't know how she would react. Obviously she planned on opening the front door and then making her way to her bedroom where she would lock me out and barricade the door. I felt a soft nudge to the stomach while Peri began to stretch and yawn in exhaustion. I hadn't realized it had almost been and hour since I got here. Its already dark out too, I guess i'll stay the night, its not like my parents care.

I looked down to see Peri flutter her eyes open and look up towards me, at first she smiled cutely from her slumber, but then she realized she was literally almost on top off me and before she fell asleep I gave the impression of wanting to maul her. Peridot began to sit up and her blonde head of hair stuck outwards creating a messed up triangle and honestly I fucking loved it. She began to stand up and make her way away from me, looking unsure wether or not I was gonna attack her. Groaning, I pulled myself upwards stretching my neck, arms, and back from sitting in the same position for an hour and began to walk towards Peri's front door. Shutting it behind me, making sure to lock it I turned back around only to find Peridot trying to sneakily make her way into her bedroom. She hasn't noticed me looking yet and she wasn't far enough into her bedroom too close it on me. Quietly I crept towards Peridots bedroom because I knew exactly what she had planned. Once she was fully inside her bedroom. She was going to get inside, lock the door and barricade it just so that she can avoid me, how nice.

Creeping closer and closer towards her I made a dash, but I was loud and Peridot turned around to look at me and all I saw was "Oh fuck" in her eyes. She quickly got inside her bedroom and was ready to close the door on me. "Oh hell no!" I yelled sprinting closer and closer until-    *BAM*....I crashed into her door. I hit the door so hard I felt like I was about to pass out. My legs and arms swayed in a dizzy motion sending me right towards Peridot. "Peridot look out!" I yelped before literally landing on top of her. I heard an "oof" come out of both of us and an compressed wheeze come out of Peridot. I scrambled off of her and closed her door behind me, I grabbed ahold of her tiny hands and picked her up and set her onto her bed. I plopped myself right next to her and stared towards the ground feeling tired.

Sighing  I finally muttered out "Tell me already." Peridot looked at me in confusion so I repeated myself "Tell ME already!" in a louder, more agitated tone. She looked down at her feet with a blank stare, she better tell me because "I did not walk all this way in the cold, I did not tackle you too the floor, I did not ram into your fucking door, for this Peridot." She looked up at me with shock. It took me a second to realize what had just happened,and then it hit me. Fuck. I just said that out loud- shit. You're a fucking genius Lapis you really are! I face palmed, only to make Peridot giggle, I looked over at her. "Well are you gonna tell me or what?" I asked in embarrassment. She sighed and looked up at me and finally spoke.

"I uh... I... have..depression...." there was a pause. "and I normally take medication to control my dark thoughts but today I decided not too because I thought I was strong enough..." I sat there in complete shock but I stayed quiet so she could finish. She looked down again unsure if she should continue, "Go on.." I mumbled in an eager tone. She took a deep breath and continued. "You make me really happy Lapis, you do and I thought, I just thought that maybe the person I have a crush on might just keep me as happy as those stupid pills." She took her knees to her chest and softly cried. I couldn't process what had just happened, I had forced her to tell me about something so dark and personal- i'm a terrible friend! I replayed the sentence in my head over and over again when something caught my attention. I looked over at Peridot, still in the same position, her cheeks a rosy red. "Peridot you, you like me?"