Chapter 22:Lies

Lapis's P.O.V

The expression on Peridots face was terrified; she looked at me with a sorrow smile, "Well it was nice knowing you while it lasted...". No, I didn't me to take things this far! I was only trying to test her to see how'd she react! I wanted to see what she would do in a situation like this. God she's gonna think I'm an ass hole when I tell her the truth.. But when should I tell her? Things have already gotten pretty far. I didn't think she'd believe me either, I'm like the worst liar ever!

Peridot began to open up her door and stepped out, she looked back at me with a frown, and slammed the door shut. Should I tell her? I opened up my car door and stepped out hesitantly, and slammed it shut. My wet bathing suit dripped on the pavement, i'd just remembered I just came from my swim meet. Speaking of my swim meet, was that my last one? I don't know anymore.

Walking after Peridot made me sick to my stomach, I have to tell her! But I can't, she'll be pissed as hell, and lord knows what she'll do to me! I don't even know why I did this?-

Just then I started to hear Peridot gasp, then cry, she hugged herself against the front door and cried. I watched from afar, stunned at what was happening, at what I had done. Streams of salty tears flowed down her cheeks, her frown the deepest of frowns, I was the worst girlfriend ever.

Quickly, I crept closer to Peridot, whose sobs became more soft, whose happiness has been washed away. Dammit Lapis! Fuck, okay... Slowly I tip toed over, unsure of what to say, what would I say? Maybe I shouldn't say anything. Maybe that'd be a better move.

I crouched towards the front door to where Peridot was sitting and slowly slid down next to her. I hugged her. She cried into my shoulders until she was able to speak a full sentence without her words quavering. This was cruel.

"H-how do you remember my name? What's going on? Why is this happening to me? We just started dating!" Quickly Peridots rain cloud turned into a storm. She went from a whisper to a shout. She stood up and began to pace around, shouting, screaming why I had forgotten her, how it wasn't fair to me, how she had loved me for so long and finally got to date me- but then was quickly taken away from her. I was a monster, toying with her emotions like that. A nervous giggle bubbled in my stomach and escaped my mouth, Peridot shot me a glare. She stared; for a long time, with disbelief.

"I-I it was, it was a nervous giggle!" I stuttered. She looked at me with still, the same look, I was over, I have to tell her. My hands began to grow sweaty, and my heart picked up its pace, the hairs on my neck stood up in fear, fear of what would happen. "I; have a confession to make...

I- I, lied. I lied to you. This is all fake, I didn't lose my memory, I just wanted to- to- to" I broke down crying. I couldn't stand to say the ugly words that were piercing Peridots heart. I just couldn't stand it! I couldn't even look her in the eye! Instead I just stared at the floor. "I never meant to hurt you, I only wanted to prepare you in case something like this ever happened.. I'm sorry." I finished, gasping through sobs. Immediately I buried my face into my knees, sniffing up snot that dripped out of my nose. My eyes began to sting, and the guilt pounded in my head. Before I could say anything else, I burst "Do you forgive me?"...