Chapter 21:Questioning

Peridots P.O.V

We pull into the drive way of my home, no one was parked so I had plenty of space to park, Lapis had fallen asleep on the ride so I took the opportunity to listen to the news on the radio, things are doing so well. Today was another attack from the rebels; the crystal gems at a mall a couple a miles away. It terrified me knowing that they weren't that far away from me, they were intimidating, -and of course the diamonds do nothing to stop it! Simply just "waiting". I'd never join those crystal clods, they're sick, all they do is bomb HomeWorld all over the place and hurt innocent people.

They claim it's for "gem rights" and we should have the freedom to fuse with whom we choose, and be who we want. But without those laws, I wouldn't be the gem I am today. I don't know what job I'd actually want, and besides, I was designed to be a Kindergarten engineer, it's in my genes. Plus; fusing with different gems? Unheard of. That's so wrong.

But then I remembered...
Me and Lapis had fused.
and it felt,
good.

But something so wrong can't feel so right!? I was getting frustrated, I grunted to myself and glanced towards Lapis; who was still fast asleep, leaning against the car window. I mean, fusing with other gems isn't that bad... right? I mean, the diamonds have never really told us why it's bad, just that it's different. Some people say that in the Bible that gems who fuse with a different gem is a "sin" and will burn in hell.

I don't know if it's true or not, really I don't know what to believe in as an after life, if we all just go into a permanent sleep into emptiness and darkness, or if we reincarnate into another life in perhaps a different universe or different species, or if there really is a heaven and hell, I don't know.

Lapis snorted and began to open her eyelids, had I been talking out loud to myself again? "Rise n' shine sleeping beauty." I said in a loving tone. Lapis simply just propped herself up and stared at me confused. I giggled to myself nervously as the thoughts began to run through my head, the thoughts I have been trying to get rid of.

Had she? Is she? Does she? What if? What will? All popped up in my head. Would I have to take her to the doctor, or even the hospital for this? I don't know how to treat something like this!? What about me? Will I just be..? No. There has to be hope, she can't of, she wouldn't!

Lapis's expression began to look more puzzled, then scared, and then terrified, she began to look around impatiently, her breathing began to pick up and her breaths were bigger. "Uh.. Lapis?" I whispered. She began to frighten me, almost as much as she herself was frightened. I didn't want to do it, I didn't want to ask. But I have to-

"Who are you, and where am I?"

No.