Chapter 25:

Peridots's P.O.V

8 o'clock, 8 o'clock pm, the normal time I'd be texting Lapis, I always wonder why I don't just tell her I miss her dearly and that we can start hanging out again, but I was just unsure, something about that idea seemed a bit uneasy, but I've felt uneasy for a month and a half now! Maybe it's because I haven't been with Lapis and she was this crutch that helped and supported me. I don't know, my depression has gotten worse, there seems to be no reason for me to wake up each morning anymore, the only thing now is school, ugh even I Peridot has gotten tired of school work. And don't even get me started on Mrs. Diamond, what a clod, I wish I could say it to her face!

Anyways, maybe today's the day I should text her, I can't imagine how she feels I mean I was the one to break things off, for awhile atleast.. She must be miserable, gosh I'm so awful, and for this long! What if she's not okay, what if she starts becoming depressed too, what if- no. I have to call her, every second that goes by is another wasted, quickly I sprinted down the hall into my bed room, getting flash backs of when I was running from Lapis, ah the good ol' days. Almost tripping over a pillow, I grab my phone and quickly dial her number and wait.
.
.
.
.
No answer. Typical. Is it me or am I getting de ja vou? Something about this seems awful familiar, whatever. I slip into some shorts and put on my favorite pair of green converse and and head out the door.

While I'm running I completely forget my hairs a mess and have to stop to pull it into a bun, and of course while I do so I'm oblivious to my surroundings, and out of all people, all the people in the neighborhood, she had to be the one in the back of that truck. I hear a honk come from behind and familiar raspy laugh that sends chills down my spine, afraid to look, to even dare take a peek at who it was, I didn't have to, I already knew who it was. The cheeto puff herself, Jasper-

"Well well well, isn't it little Dorito out and about with, nice hair, heh, and some itty bitty little green shoes too!" She coos. Ugh give me a break, I already have enough problems on end and I don't need her helping. I try to ignore the comment by rolling my eyes and quickly walking off in the direction I was heading, but of course, I hear the screeching sounds of tires and Jaspers laugh getting louder. Urrg why can't she just take a hint, or at least pick on someone her own size like another Quartz! Why me! What did I do to deserve this? "Hey pipsqueak where ya heading, it seems pretty important to me, you wouldn't want your plans foiled now would ya?" "Jasper what do you want? Cash? Because I don't have any if that's what you want." "Pshh cash! No, I want something simple-" she stepped out of the car, shoving something in the back of her pocket, I couldn't quite make out what it was but I didn't have to because I already felt threatened. Inching closer and closer towards me I knew what was about to come

[Flash back]

Screaming was all I could hear...
"Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!" was all I could hear over and over again on repeat. A tall Jasper hovered above me with a smirk plastered on her face. Her blonde hair flowed in the wind perfectly, my surroundings grew intense, I could feel a nauseous sensation inside me, growing. Sweat beaded against my forehead, my throat as dry as the Himalayas. Jasper turned towards me and smiled, smiled because she knew I was over, she had won, I was broken.

[Flash back over]

"no, not again." Before I could even think I made a run for it, dashing out as fast as I could not once looking back, I couldn't risk getting beaten up by her again! Not like that, I didn't want to go through that again. From behind I could hear her yelling after me, I didn't know what she was saying but it didn't take long to realize she didn't want me leaving. Crap what'd I do now to piss her off? Was it Friday? All I did was say I didn't know the answer! It's not my fault the guilt of me leaving Lapis is constantly distracting me! I kept running, fighting back tears, fighting back everything that I could, even if I was small, I could do it, Lapis believed in me. But that's thing, she believed in me. That was in the past, and without her, I'm nothing. I tripped, smashing my head against the concrete, putting me out like that.

But I wasn't out immediately , I just fell and remember the piercing shock of pain that went through my head when I smashed against the ground. Then I remember seeing flashes of blood, I don't know how much there was, but I saw it, then I remember rolling on my back, tasting my own salty tears and irony blood in my mouth. But I took a minute to just relax, even if I was dying, it was for the best anyways. So I took a minute in the time I had to just get a good look at the sky, blue, like someone I once knew.