Chapter 10:What are we?

Lapis' P.O.V

"Just Dance would be excellent, we could practice are dance skills for important missions with the crystal gems!" Peridot coohed. I wasn't exactly friends with the crystal gems but, if it makes Steven happy, and if it means I'm protecting him, I don't mind them. Just Dance would be nice but what about the other games? Mario Kart would be fun! Except whenever I lose I get butt hurt and get really angry and I don't need to be paying Peridot flood damages for her home. Mortal Kombat is a good game too except I suck at it and I know how good Peri is at it and if we play that, it'll be a whole bunch of ass kicking by Peridot and she'll never let me live it down! CoD is great don't get me wrong but I play that so much that I think I need a break from it.

"Just Dance it is then" I decided. Instantly after those words came out of my mouth, Peri's eyes brightened with joy that I, Lapis Lazuli agreed to her decision to play some game. Wow, I never realized how important I was to her until now... It feels nice to be important to someone after being treated like pure garbage by somebody else...

"Why don't you go get the game?" I asked why rubbing Peri's back. She hopped out of my lap and sprinted out the door in search of the game. I heard some shuffling and bumps as if items were flying all over the place until she burst back into the room with the cd in her hand and two wii remotes. She tossed me one uttering "here!" while inserting the disk into the console. I stood up off her bed and held my stance next to her, ready to have a dance battle to the death! "Just saying Peridot, you're going down!" I said with a smirk, eyeing Peridot. She looked back at me and grinned and evil grin. "Bring it on." She dared devilishly.

She held her position, motioning towards her TV to select the game on the wii menu and selected the game "Just Dance 4". Scrolling through the options of songs, the both of us decided on "Call me maybe" by Carly Rae Jepsen. The music started up and I was in the zone, I must win. I flared my arms up in the arm, swaying my hips, shuffling my feet getting perfect on each move. I looked over at my opponent/girlfriend to see her struggling with the movements. "Not as tough as you think" I spat. She glanced up at me, breathless, sweaty, raged and flamed back "Yeah, don't get your hopes up high yet, I've got a surprise dance you'll never see coming!" She cackled. Oh jeez what does this mean?

In a flash the song was over and the both of us were tired an worn out, already! I had creamed Peridot by a whopping 2,000 points earning the high score and crown. The two of us fell backwards into her bed panting for air. In a gasp I spoke "Look who won?" and flashed her a smirk. She stuck her tongue out at me in a butt hurt wait and quickly responded "You're no match for this next song! I've been training for a dance like this professionally" she smiled. Well we'll see what this "dance" is all about. I sat up on her bed and watched her hop off, still tired from the last dance. She waved her hand at the screen searching through songs until she found the right one. Shit shit shit shit fuck! It's a fucking duet?! Damn you Peridot for knowing my only weakness, duets.

The song was called "C'mon" by Ke$ha. The music began to play as I scrambled off Peri's bed and stand next to her. Of course she forced me to play the Panda in the dance. We began to dance through the song and it had a great beat to it, surprisingly the both of us were dancing in sync. Some of the dance moves were a bit out of style and were a bit out of Peri's style but it was fun to let loose and let the energy out of me. Soon the both of us were giggling and laughing at each other at the funky moves we had to do, we even did the wave! We sang along to song enjoying ourselves until I started to feel something. I continued to laugh and sing along until I fell to the floor in confusion. "Ow!" I grumbled and looked up to find where Peridot was. I noticed my voice sounded particularly altered and Peridot was nowhere to be found. I then began to hear her in my thoughts screaming "What did we just do?!" over and over again. I was confused until I looked down at myself to find a different looking set of hands from mine, a different skin tone, and a different body structure. "No this, this can't be?!" I yelped. "What's happening?" came out of my mouth but it sounded more like Peridot was saying it. "Did we, did we just fuse?" I questioned. I sat on the ground in complete silence feeling a strange feeling all around me of joy, happiness ,fear , and confusion. "What are we?"