Chapter 20:It was her//Part II

Lapis's P.O.V

My eyes cracked open to bright light and car gas smell. I was awoken by the sudden shook of a bump sending me flying up. I checked my surrounding to see as I guessed- was in a car. My sweat against the car seat caused me to slip and make me slouch. The faint noise of "Top 50 Hits" could be heard on the car radio. Right now "Shake it off" by Taylor Swift was playing, her rhythmic tunes make me nod my head to the beat. Outside I look to be going in the direction home is, but why? I glance over at the car's clock to see the time 1:42 pm flash. My swimming class is at 1:15 what the fuck? Why am I not there?- But then I remember what happened, what I had done, the choices I made. A harsh flood of memories fill my thoughts and overwhelms me.

I look over at my left to see Peridot gripping the wheel- her eyes steadily on the road. She hasn't noticed yet that I've woken up, she's too busy staring down the lane we're in right now. She chews on the inner corners of her lips inside her mouth, she does that when she's focused, I find it cute, she finds it to be a bad habit. I let out a long sigh and state back at my right out the window feeling guilty. "Oh... you're up, I wasn't expecting you to wake up, then again I didn't even know when you'd wake up! heh. So you know who I am right?" Peridot said with hope. Had she really thought I forgot who she was?

"Uh of course not! You're my annoying little girlfriend whose in love with science and a dweeb for video games and a cute nerd with the biggest hair! Why would you think I'd forget?". Peridot quickly looked at her lap and then back up at the road, she always looks down before she says something bad or something that's troubling her. "Well she hit you pretty hard.." Peri stuttered. Someone hit me? That's what happened? All I remember is punching Turquoise in the face and sent her flying backwards and then turning around and hear Peridot yell 'Lapis!' before everything went black. "Who hit me?" I asked feeling myself grow curious yet- also angry. "I can't- I can't- I just can't tell you.." Peridot mumbled. My gaze fell off of her and onto my lap. "Why? I won't be mad, I just want to know who did it so I can keep my distance.." I muttered in an unsettled tone.

Something told me whoever it was- was someone important because Peridot did not want to crack. I had to think of a way to make her talk or else my anger is gonna build up and I might let it out on her. I thought for a moment, and then remembered Peridot likes to be intimate, maybe I can bribe her with something in return for this useful information.

"Say Peri.." I said innocently, casually laying my palm on her thigh. "Wouldn't it be great if you and I watched a movie tonight?... Maybe cuddle a little of you like? Or perhaps play video games?". Right then and there I caught her attention, she was mine. I smirked before she blurted a definite yes. "Well I can give it all to you for one thing in return." I said moving my hand under her chin. She quickly looked at me with wonder- but then looked back at the road since she needed to focus unless she wanted to kill us. I wasn't exactly being the best at letting her pay attention to the road. "What do I have to give you?"
"Oh, you know, just the name of my attacker." I uttered. Peridot shot me a look that said 'um no' so I knew I had to pick up my game. When we reach a stop light I plan to lean over and kiss her. I don't know for how long and how intimate but whatever I can do to make her talk is all I want.

We begin to slow down at a yellow light before it turns red. Now's my chance, I smile and lean over and turn my head to face Peridot. Carefully I turn her head towards mine and crash our lips together. I hold Peridots small face as she hugs my lower back, wanting me closer to her. I stroke her soft cheek with my thumb and move a strand of hair out of her face. For a while we kiss and kiss until we hear a car honk at us from behind- trying to get us to drive. The honk startles me and sends me flying back into my seat. Peridots face simply goes red as she pushes her foot on the pedal. "You'll get more of that if you tell me who knocked me out" I say seductively. Her face goes redder as she sighs before it looks to be that she's given in. "Alright fine I'll tell you! You want to know who so badly who it was? Well guess what Lapis? It was Rocko!".