Chapter 14:In the Morning

Lapis' P.O.V

I'm awoken by the sound of a repeating *beep* over and over. My eyes are full of bags and feel stuffy with eye boogers. I try to speak but my voice is too weak to make a sound, instead I just sound like an asthmatic grandma dying. Five more minutes I thought to myself, what even was the time? Did it matter? It was Saturday after all, I almost forgot yesterday was a school day, all I can remember is getting to Peridots house, tackling her, then she falls asleep in my arms, then we play Just Dance and accidentally fuse, then we go to sleep and I watch Peridots dream. Speaking of her dream, how could she have remembered that mission, that was thousand of years ago! It was the first time we "met" except I didn't really talk to her much. I'm not very open to gems I don't know. I finally grab my phone and shut my alarm off feeling a groggy sense. As I move around a notice a cling around my body and realize it was none other than Peri.

Glancing down I study her face in silence watching her every move. Her mouth is slightly open just enough for drool to come spilling out but luckily she hasn't drooled on me yet. Her eyes begin to softly flicker before the burst open. It takes her a minute to take everything in but once she does I can see the rush of blood get to her cheeks almost instantly. She buries her face into my chest and makes a humming sound. I giggle to myself finding this utterly adorable of her. A reflex of mine makes me pet Peri's head of hair that is very messed up from yesterday and from moving around last night. "Good morning." I mumble while pecking Peri on her forehead. She hugs me tighter in embarrassment. Thinking to myself the thought of swimming enters my mind, then I remember I have a swim meet today, I guess I could take Peri with me, she could even go swimming too after my meet is finished! Wait a second, so would this be technically our first date? Could this be my first date!? Oh my god that's so ironic because I always see on Instagram "take her swimming on the first date" except Peri doesn't wear make up.

"So Peri I just remembered today I have a swim meet and I was wondering if you'd like to swim afterwards with me after my meet?" I grinned widely hoping she wouldn't deny. I know she isn't much of a swimmer but I feel she could enjoy it! I mean the thing I would be worried about if I was her is my hair, like literally her hair looks like a slice of cheesecake cake, but it works on her and her only. "Y-yeah I guess but I don't really own a swim suit" she said with a frown. "I could let you borrow one of mine when I was...smaller" I suggested, hoping I hadn't offended her with my comment on her size. "I guess that could be arranged I suppose.."
"So it's a date?"
"Yes it's date"
"Yay!" I pulled Peri closer to me, hearing her wheeze because of how tight I hugged her. I'm glad she's my first date, I'm glad she's my first love, I'm glad she's my first one.