Chapter 8:My Peridot

Lapis' P.O.V

Oh.my.god.
Did I just kiss Peridot?! Am I still kissing Peridot!? Holy hell I made the first move, I would've thought it would've been Peri but hey look at me little Mrs.Flirt or whatever. Peri wrapped her arms around my waist and I could feel her tiny little hands grab and tug my shirt and oh my gosh her hands are so smol! Squee I can't believe this is happening, like what even, who knows, what if I'm dreaming! Quickly I pinch myself to see for myself whether this is reality or if it's all an illusion. Then again is actual reality just an illusion, what if we're all not what we look like? What if the human eye is different from other species and their world looks different? What is the meaning of life itself? What's are purpose? Oh god too deep! I just need to relax, I'm here with Peri now, I just need to, relax...

I fell backwards feeling Peridot let go of her grip on my waist letting me fall. She took a moment to giggle at my stupidity while I just lay there in embarrassment. Well I guess I deserve it for embarrassing her earlier, or at least I think I did I mean she was pretty red looking. Peridot made her way on top of me and cuddled herself into my chest being all cute and nuzzled up. I continued to wrap my arms around her small figure to feel her comfort and wondered if she could hear my heartbeat where her head was placed.

"So um...what now?" She whispered. To be honest I had no idea how to answer, I barely even knew myself what would happen next. I was just about to ask the same thing, I guess it doesn't really matter. "We just, go with the flow." I answered, hoping she would understand the way I do. I mean Peridot is the first girl I've ever liked so I don't really know what that makes me, not a lesbian, not a bisexual, maybe pan sexual, I don't know the labels are confusing, maybe I'm just peri-sexual, oh god I need to stop with the puns!

"So are we like um I dunno, a thing?" She asked in a nervous tone. I wasn't sure if I should answer yes and she would be happy or grossed out or uncomfortable. I mean we just kissed and she seemed to like it. I just hope I wasn't too bad of a kisser though, it was my first time. "Whatever you want us to be, I just want you to be happy." I responded staring at Peridots ceiling fan wondering how long she spent looking at the fan spin and spin at night until she fell asleep. I wondered what her depression was like, how long she's had it, how longing she's been wanting to tell me. "Well, let's just see what happens." Peridot answered with a smile and hugged me tighter.

I felt unsure about this, not about my feelings for Peridot but for "this". I just wasn't sure I'd be able to fight the urges of wanting to kiss Peridot in school very well and would end up screwing up and then we'd constantly have Jasper and her gang up our asses! I sighed before I glanced over to Peridot and watched her breathe. She turned her head to look at me a gave a crooked smile. Gosh she's so darn cute! I stroked her cheek with my thumb feeling her soft skin against my finger, I didn't want to let go, I wanted to be in this moment forever. Then all of a sudden Peri began to shuffle around inching her way closer and closer to my face to where it was in kissing range and she pecked me on the lips.

I smiled, Peridots actions were so adorable and angelic and I was so happy to be with her. I smuggled her closer to me and repetitively kissed her cheeks until she began to giggle. I didn't want this to end. I wanted this to last forever. This will last forever. "So are you sleeping over? It looks pretty dark out and I don't know if you want me to walk you home or somethin.." Peridot murmured into my chest. Her voice was so precious, something special, one of a kind. I stroked her still messed up head of blonde hair feeling how soft it was- like oh my gosh it was like petting a unicorn, only petting a Peridot, petting my Peridot was so much better.