Chapter 13:Dreaming Being

Peridots P.O.V

The whisper of the wind tickled my ear as I quietly followed the blue girl up the trail. I followed behind feeling a dark presence in the background, the only sound that I could hear was the sound of our light footsteps against the muddy patches and our soft breaths. "Trail Date 7-5-4-1 Peridot here on yet another mission with a gem that I still do not know, she refuses to answer my questions and won't tell me her name, she's very stubborn.." I clicked my machine off. The breeze had grown stronger, just up ahead was a nasty brew of shadows and tears raining from the heavens. Maybe it's from the sky arena and there's gems that miss me and are crying over me. I smirk to myself in delight but is quickly replaced with a frown, I know nobody misses me down here, my parents forced me to move down here because they didn't like the way HomeWorld worked, personally I think HomeWorld has a great system going.

"Oof!" I look up to see the unknown gems face shriveled in a disappointed, doesn't care face. Well then, clearly she doesn't care about me and my well being so really why am I here? Whats the missions purpose again? Oh right, we need to locate a broken down Kindergarden and fix it up, I'm guessing she's my defense sense well, I'm not exactly the toughest gem there is...
We continue to walk through the trail, the storm growing louder, mixing up a perfect poison that'll soon be the death of two unknown gems who didn't even know each other! "Um so about that big thing over there.." I point towards the dark cloud giants behind us as if they were following along behind me. "Just wondering if you know that we could be getting ourselves into danger and frankly I am a important gem to HomeWorld so I think we should head back to the-"
"Quiet!" The blue girl commands."Hey I know I look like a child but I will not stand here and let you tell me what to do-" she slaps her hand over my mouth and quickly drags me into a bush for a hiding place, "uh, what are you?-"
"Quiet!" She whispered yelled. I might as well listen to her. I sit to myself keeping quiet as told so keeping watch for what's about to happen.

Out of nowhere a group of unknown gems pass by which looks to me like a Rose Quartz and a Pearl. Huh how strange they look an awful lot like the "The Rebels!" I scream in shock. The blue girl turns her head towards me and looks like she wants to smack some sense into me. Before we can react to my stupid action we hear the sounds of weapons be formed and silent footsteps all around us. "We know your out there!" A delicate voice tells causing me to panic even more, we have nowhere to go, no way of defending ourselves, and worse of all I might get killed! I glance over at the gem next me, she has a serious smug look on her face and keeps kneels into a weird looking position. She notices me looking and gives me a stare before she orders me to hold on to her hand. Now um I know we're in a scary situation but this will only make it more awkward than comforting.

The leaves are chopped us and right in front of me stands a armed Pearl. "I found them!" Yells the pearl. She points her sword towards me in a threatening gesture. Shit shit shit we're doomed we are so doomed! I'm done for, the other girl might escape but I'm done for! I see the Pearl nod looking over her shoulder before she faces me again. Her eyes squint as she holds her sword back and swipes.
Black.

I wake up to the sound of my own scream and a green light dims before it goes out, must've been my gem, I turn myself around to find Lapis' eyes in awe of the scene. Has she been watching the whole time? "Um Lapis I-" but before I can finish Lapis pulls me in for a warming hug and rubs my shoulders. She gives me a peck on the back of my neck before she whispers in my ear "That was so long ago.."