Chapter 17:Everyone watches

Peridots P.O.V

I hadn't realized how jealously could take over someone just like that.

I was in such a good mood, quite content if you ask me, and then BAM! All of a sudden when Rocko shows up I start to act like a bitch towards not only Rocko but Lapis! And on top of that I got offended just because Lapis didn't call me her girlfriend! Like why do I do this? I know we just started dating, I think, so it'd make sense that she wouldn't use the strong name for me just quite yet. Plus I don't even know if she's actually gay or if her friends know or if I'm her little experiment or just a one time thing. Argh fuck it! I mean she acts pretty gay...no she acts really gay.

Choking up chlorine my head bobbed above and under the water again and again, struggling for breath. My feet kicked in all direction, lost, looking for some place to go before I could sink down under and get to where I'm going. My eyes burned from being drenched with chemicals, my nose stung of pool water, and worst of all, all of Lapis's friends were watching me drown in embarrassment! Literally drown!

Surprisingly I didn't hear much laughter as I thought, instead I heard more gasp and "omg's" from Lapis's swim mates. My vision was blurrier and waved from the impact of my body crashing I into the water, destroying its peace, destroying my peace, if I had any! Now I'm gonna fucking drown on my first fucking date and I'll never have my first kiss and I'll never have an actual legit girlfriend and I'm never going to get to grow old and die with Lapis. Guilt rushes through me, quicker than the chemical water rushed to my lungs- and I am filled with sorrow for being such an idiot and letting my emotions take over, my actions. How could I have been so stupid to think that-

A blue figure dives into the pool next to me, I recognize the face from anywhere, it's Lapis. I can't make out her facial expression but I'm pretty sure she's annoyed or pissed off at me for having to jump in and get soaked just so I don't die and so she won't be sued or something. She reaches towards me a grabs ahold of my hand with the same iron grip that I have found myself to love, it made me feel at home, protected. I'm heaved upwards and my face breaks through the seal of water and panting is all I can do. But before I can enjoy this glorious moment of air filling my lungs, I realize there's still water trapped inside- and so I go from breathing to panting to choking up water in a flash. I'm still floating around in the water, Lapis still has ahold of me and she pulls with all her might as if I was being sucked by a whirl pool, and rest me onto the pastel yellow tile. I'm still coughing up water as my vision begins to fade to black, then white, then black again. No no no no no this can't be happening- I can't be dying right now no! With all will inside me I try to force my vision to clear but fail, I accept my fate, I'm going to fucking die because I was an idiot and slipped and fell into a pool.

Her face hovers above me and what seems to be Lapis Lazuli. Fear, terror, urge in her eyes is all I can see. People begin to circle their way around Lapis and I, watching, waiting for me to decide whether or not I was gonna let myself suffocate. Then, Lapis makes a move and leans closer towards me and presses her palm against my chest. She closes my nostrils when I realize what's about to happen. She's about to attempt CPR with me holy shit in front of all these people! Fuck, no, everyone is going to see me blush, go red, no I have to stop her!

"Lapis!" I choke out but I'm too late and her lips crash into mine. I can feel the heat of her breath inside me which causes a chill to run down my spine. She exhales hard into my mouth, releases the connection between our mouths, inhales again, and then glues our mouths together again. She repeats this several times before she finally gives it a rest to let me breathe on my own. I can feel the blood rush in my cheeks and I know how red I look because the looks on some of the girls faces had smirks all over them. Rocko wasn't smirking, neither was Lapis, especially Lapis, she was on the verge of tears!
Great. I ruined our fist date by not only traumatizing Lapis- but making the worst first impression ever!

"Peridot" Lapis yelps before she hurdles me into a hug. All I can do is hug back feeling guilt whisper in my ear. Lapis holds onto me tightly, fearing I might fall and slip again, I can't blame her, I'm a fool.
"Im sorry" I hiccup- feeling everyone's eyes on us.