Introduction

Lapis's P.O.V

Running, I have to get there, gotta be there in time, before she forgets everything, before she forgets me. No. She can't forget me, everything that happened was so recent, so pure, memories no one could forget, right? Yeah, of course! When I get there everything will be fine, she'll be fine, only a few stitches nothing serious, I'm gonna walk in and she's gonna gasp and say hi and I'm gonna gasp and say hi and we'll hug for an awkward amount of time and then we'll start talking about life and she'll tell me when she's out and everything will be fine! It's got to be, it's gotta be this way, I just can't believe she slipped and cracked her head open, and out of all people, Jasper was the one to tell me. Maybe she isn't half as bad.

I'm only a few meters away from the Hospitals entrance, my legs know because I begin to sprint faster, this is the most I've worked out ever in my life. I'm surprised I haven't gave out yet or at least stopped more than once to take a break, maybe it's because my body knows it's Peri. I hope she doesn't mind that I'm visiting her in sweatpants and a crop top, I didn't really think to change, I kind of left my house right after Jasper told me. It was hard to believe at first because I mean, come on, it's Jasper, big meanie cheeto who likes to bully and trick people, so I didn't exactly believe her at first. After thorough explaining though I finally believed it because the way she told things sounded too complicated and surreal to be made up. I'm little pissed off at her though for intimidating Peri and causing a threat, but that's not the point right now.

I make my way to the entrance and bust through the door, all of the staff stare and I can't tell if it's because of my satire or if it's because I just burst through the entrance and caused a disturbance when literally you can hear screaming women giving birth. Okay I'm a disturbance apparently. I speed walk to the front desk, panting, and reak of sweat before choking up where Peri's room is located. She eyes me up and down and ask if I need to sit down or if I need any water but I decline, my first priority is Peridot, then me. She tells me where her room is but as I run her expression looks concerned. Geez lady I'm fine, if I say I'm fine then I'm fine, take a hint.

I head towards the elevator and spam click the button because I'm still hyped on adrenaline from running and finally walk in, brushing past a nurse with, some water bag thing-y I don't know I don't have a medical degree! I wait inside the escalator with a man who looks just about as anxious as I do. We talk for a bit, he tells me he's here to see his wife in gem construction, ooh, must be nerve racking, I tell him I'm here to see a close friend in recovery, then we both sort of stand there with nothing else to talk about. Finally after what seems like forever we make it to the 6th floor. The door opens and I'm out.

I rush down the hallway, room 632, 632, 632, pounds my thoughts as my eyes scan each room number. Then I find the the 600's hallways and speed walk down since the nurse's keep telling me to walk. 629, 630, 631, 632! I'm here, I'm right in front of the door, and as urgent as I was to get to this door as fast as possible, all of a sudden something drops in my stomach and I feel hesitant to open the door.
What if she's not okay... I take a deep breath, and slowly the door cracks open to a bland room, inside lies a broken Peridot. But before I walk in a nurse stops me and tells me I'm not allowed inside because I'm not a family member. I tell her that's bull shit and that I'm practically family and that I'm sure she wants to see me!

"Yeah well about that Miss." "Who you calling miss?" I sass. I try to squeeze my way through the doorway and yelp for Peridot. I don't hear her call back, weird, maybe she's asleep or something, that doesn't mean I can't see her though! The so I suppose main Doctor approaches me with the typical clip board in his hand and a pen in his other. He wears all baby blue like the rest of the staff members here and has a pair of glasses on, typical. What's he hear to tell me, that I'm not related and other bull shit about me not being family.

"Are you Lapis?". Okay weirdo stalker where'd he hear my name? "Uh yes, how do you know my name?". He points behind himself towards Peridots Parents, they both look tired, and depressed, and have bags under there eyes, and dry tears on their cheeks, is it that bad? "Okay, when can I see Peridot?" I ask sounding pissed because I am indeed pissed, I jogged all the way here for this! "They didn't tell you did they, well I don't know how to tell you-" "Jusy spit it out, I can handle it, I've been through worse." I retaliate. He looks offended that I cut him off. "Alright, Peridot cracked her gem, and she has amesthia, alright so there's no point in visiting when she doesn't remember you." Doesn't remember you, doesn't remember you, doesn't remember you. "D-doesn't remember me..." I say feeling icky inside, feeling like I might explode. Hot tears trickle down my face.

"You have to let me see her! Maybe I'll bring back her memory! Come on you have to! I haven't even gotten to see her in so long, please!" I plead. The doctor looks at the nurse and the nurse steps back, then the doctor looks at me sighing and finally saying yes. As soon as I hear those sweet doors I'm through the door and the sight I see brings me to my knees.

Peridot lays in bed with bandages all across her gem, her skin is a pale green and I can see that same water thing-y I walk earlier attached to her arm. This is it, this it what I came for. I step towards her slowly, she doesn't seem to notice me until I'm right next to her, finally I sit down. She looks up at me and smiles, that brings joy to me, maybe she does remember me!

"Hi, are you another visitor?" She ask. No. This can't be happening, it must me a dream, a sick sick dream, a nightmare, and I'm just sleeping, and this is all fake, she wouldn't forget me, after everything we've been through. I laugh a little to myself, a nervous laugh. "Um it's me, Lapis, don't you remember me?"
"Hmm I'm unsure, you look familiar but, I'm sorry, I can't call what relationship we had." There it is, that feeling I had when I first fused with Jasper, lost hope, broken dreams, defeat. "Well we go to school together, we hung out a lot and had the same math class together, you loved math..." I get lost talking to her about most of the things we normally did at school, I couldn't include those times we kissed, I just couldn't, It hurt to think those were the last times I'd be able to be that close to her. Everything hurts, by the time I finish rambling on I'm sobbing into her shoulder, she awkwardly rubs my back unsure of how to comfort me before I sit back down in my chair.

"Um so if you don't mind I ask but, what was our relation? We're we? Neighbors? Relatives? Classmates? Friends?" Peridot ask. I smile a bit at the word friends, we never did put an official label to our relationship, Peridot just wanted us to be without one, she thought it was better that way, and I agreed. So I'm kind of unsure what to tell her now, what do I say, I'm still crying because I know I lost the one I loved, but maybe she's still deep down inside her, I just need to find her true self again and remind her of who she was. I smirk."Yeah, we were friends."

End.

A/N:
Oh my gosh you don't know how emotional I feel right now, this Fan Fic has been going on for so long and I've grown so much in my writing and as a person while writing this and I just want to say thank you to everyone who read this, it truly means a lot to me that you took the time out of your day to read this. I am sad that this is the end but, it needed to happen at the right time, and now was the time, I do hope y'all will give my second Lapidot Fic a go, it doesn't have many chapters yet but I will start to write in that one. Again thank you for all the support I've gotten from this book! Don't be afraid to message me if you want to, I love to talk to people. So I guess this is the end of this book. Soo, goodbye, from friends.