Pun-lationship

The sun had just began to set as the two teams headed back to their bases in Coldfront. The BLUs were successful in capturing all the points, leaving the REDs humiliated and disappointed as some of the mercenaries respawned from the humiliation round. Most of them retreated towards their own habitats - Spy to his smoking room, Engineer to his workshop, and Medic to his medical bay and bird sanctuary. Sniper still shivered, despite wearing thick winter clothing and being in the base. The foolish ones who stayed back in the Respawn room had to tolerate Soldier's scolding.

Scout's glum mind wandered and blocked off Soldier's yelling. His legs felt like running freely, despite running all over the map while getting dominated by the damn BLU Engineer.

"Yeah yeah, Soldier, just cut the crap already," Scout muttered under his breath as he exited the Respawn room. He breathed in the cold air as snow gently fell on his Thermal Tracker. He started to run aimlessly, letting his mind free from the anger of not only losing but getting dominated by three BLUs.

He slowed to a stop when he heard a familiar sound of a moped starting up. He looked towards the direction and ran towards it as he saw a lady in a purple coat.

"Hey Ms. Pauling," Scout said with a lack of his usual enthusiasm. He offered a smile that covered his feeling of defeat.

"Hey Scout," Ms. Pauling replied. Scout smiled as his heart started to warm up. Her green eyes were focused on him as he tightened his smile, face reddening.

Scout shrugged. "Well, for once, I don't have much to say."

Ms. Pauling gave a sympathetic smile as she walked closer to Scout. "Hey, don't worry. There's always a next time."

Scout chuckled. He admired how Ms. Pauling stayed optimistic while drowning in a pile of work. There was a moment of silver silence between the two.

"Hey, you know..." Scout started, his face turning redder as his hear heated faster. "I'm not sure if you noticed, but... You've captured the point in my heart."

Ms. Pauling widened her eyes. Of course, only a moron couldn't see that Scout was attracted to her, but she was still surprised that Scout directly confessed to her.

"Well," Ms. Pauling replied, delicately tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. "Just because I look like I have cold shoulders, it doesn't mean I didn't know that."

Scout's smile grew into a toothy grin. Ms. Pauling simply smiled and walked towards her moped.

From that day onwards, they said their relationship was based on puns.

---

THE END.