Preparations

Chapter 4

It's the day after the three of us went extremely crazy to finish learning I Need U in one day and let me just say that my body is really sore. But, on the upside, all of us got to learn a BTS song together and it was an interesting experience.

I get off of my bed and walk out into the living room and see the rest of my family watching a movie. I look at the TV and it's actually a drama. Never in my life would I have thought that my family would be sitting down together to watch a Korean Drama or even watching anything together at all.

I sit down next to my sister and watch the drama until my sister nudges me. "You're gonna watch this too? I thought your friends are coming over" she says as she still looks at the TV.

"I might as well watch it until they come in 30 minutes, so why not? Do you even know what the drama is called?" I ask.

"Nope, not one bit. I came out here and mom and dad were watching it" she states.

"Eomma what's this drama called?" S/N asks.

Mom looks in our direction and shrugs her shoulders. So we're all just watching a drama that we don't even know the name of. My family is great.

About 20 minutes into the drama dad and S/N are sleeping and it's just mom and I watching the drama.

"Y/N why don't you go get your stuff ready for when your friends come over in a bit," she says turning the volume down on the TV.

"I mean I guess I could, but I really enjoyed this family time even though these two are sleeping" I laugh softly.

Mom laughs as well as she stands up and walks over to me, " So what is this thing that you are going to tomorrow?" 

"Oh, my friends and I are going to see BTS live tomorrow! I'm so excited!" I softly exclaim aware of dad and S/N sleeping.

"Ah, I see. Are you going to be out late?" she asks.

"I don't think so. I think we should be back before it gets dark, it depends if we go to eat or not. Yeo Jin made this a surprise for F/N and I. So I don't know what to expect tomorrow" I explain.

"I see, but I got something for you. I think you can use this when you go tomorrow" she smiles.

She walks away from me and into her room. After a couple of minutes, she comes out of her room holding a present with a bow on top of it.

"Aigoo, eomma you didn't have to wrap it for me," I say as she hands the present to me.

"It's okay. After all, you are my daughter and I wanted to give you a little something, so why not wrap it" she says smiling.

I undo the bow decorating the present and place it on the side of me. Then I attack the present and start to unwrap it. I open the box and inside there is a Bangtan bomb lightstick resting on colored paper.

"Eomma you didn't have to get me this..." I say with my voice coming out small as I try to hold back tears.

"Aigoo, my Y/N is going to cry!" she softly exclaims before pulling me into an embrace.

I hug her back as she holds on to me. "Aish, Y/N is going to make me cry" she sniffles.

I pull out of the embrace and look at her as I wipe my face, "Eomma, don't cry. You're too pretty and work too hard to be crying" I state.

Mom wipes her face as well and regains her composure, "Ah, I'm just happy you like it."

"Why wouldn't I? This is something I have wanted for a while. So thank you for getting it for me" I smile.