#17 First Jealousy

"Eliza. I like Eliza." Luke emphasised on my name and there was a distinct tension between him and Calum.

Calum clenched his teeth and his jaw tensed up. Right after he did that, something ignited in me and I didn't seem to mind it but I turned my head to look away.

"Ah, I see." He managed to say, but the words felt like poison.

As if that isn't a huge enough sign to stop talking about the subject, Michael continued to ask the unnecessary.

"So are you two dating now? But, didn't you go on a date with Calum that one time? Guess that didn't work out, huh?" Michael asked in between bites of his sandwich and I had a sudden urge to snatch his sandwich away and slap him with it.

"It doesn't matter so let's stop talking about it, okay?" I sighed and started packing my stuff to get ready for the next class.

Immediately after that, the bell rang and I didn't bother waiting for them. I quickly picked up my tray and disposed it before rushing to class.

Stupid boys.

I was in my seat in our homeroom class, reading through my notes when the boys finally arrived. Luke entered the room first and sat in his seat, next to mine. He smiled and fortunately, it didn't feel too awkward.

By the time Michael got to his seat, the whole class had arrived. Hillary and Erica were giggling behind Luke and I that I had to fight the urge to roll my eyes. Finally, our teacher came and brought with him a stack of papers.

He passed all the papers around and when I received mine, it read "An expedition for your final year, A chance to be challenged within a remote environment!".

In other words, school camp. I sighed and flipped through the pages but not really paying attention to anything that was written in it.

"I'm dreading this." I said to no one in particular.

"Me too. Wanna explore on our own in the middle of the trip?" Luke whispered, aware that the teacher in front was still talking to the class.

I chuckled at his ridiculous proposal but slightly considered it in the back of my mind. It doesn't sound too bad of an idea, I thought.

"Or we c-"

Before Luke could continue his incessant crap (which I find relevant sometimes), I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Hey, could you lend me a pen?" Calum asked.

I eyed him suspiciously. Couldn't he just ask Michael? However, I gave him a pen anyway and turned back to Luke so he could continue whatever he was about to say.

"So as I was saying, we could --"

Another tap on my shoulder.

"Can I borrow your --"

Before he could finish his sentence, I gave him my whole pencil case so he could search for whatever he wants. Calum, seemingly defeated, grumbled to himself and took the pencil case anyway.

"As I was saying," Luke slowly enunciated his words, glaring at Calum, "we can --"

And another tap. For God's sake!

"Yes?" I turned towards Calum who looked like he was thinking of something to say.

"Can -- can you explain to me about this paper? I just don't get it!" He finally asked and made a face.

"Can't you just ask Michael or the man in front of class, who is, in fact, the most knowledgeable man in class right now?" I said sardonically.

Calum, finally getting the hint, grumbled again to himself and in my peripheral vision, I could see Michael laughing at him and immediately shutting up as soon as he was given the finger by Calum.

Right when Luke and I started talking again, we could hear loud shuffling of feet next to us, an obvious noise of papers being crumpled together and a huffing noise by the grumpy boy next to me.

"Bad day, Mr Hood?" Mr Croft asked.

A very bad day indeed.

Immediately after the ringing of the bell (marking the end of last period), the boys and I walked our way to Luke's truck. Ashton was away, with Yvonne probably, and I didn't mind. I knew Calum wanted to ask me about it but I've done well trying to avoid the subject.

"So, you went on that date with Calum and Luke likes you. What about me, are we gonna have our own special thing soon?" Michael asked from the back seat.

"Shut up, Michael." The three of us said together and I would laugh if the situation wasn't awkward.

"Besides, I think I can totally see why you attract these idiots. C'mon, I bet you want a piece of this a--"

"Oh my god. Do you ever shut up?" I groaned and flipped him off.

Again, why am I friends with these people?

-

and another update! i hope i managed to capture calum's jealousy in that scene (yes, that was jealousy if you didnt notice) and i tried adding a bit of michael x erika bc who can resist that boy tbh? if you enjoyed this, please vote & comment ! ty :)