#13 First Guy

I went to the pile of tshirts and jeans to check for any hidden dresses. I was at the point where I'm sweating beads. Of course I have no dresses. What was I thinking?

Instead, I took a pair of black tights stored in my undergarments drawer and a skirt I had never worn before. I also took a long sleeve plain black shirt and placed all of the clothings on the edge of my bed, forgetting the idea of wearing a dress.

I didn't know why I was trying so hard to impress this guy when I'm actually just thirdwheeling with Calum. Ashton should feel honoured though, he is the first guy I have ever liked, Ithink.

I quickly ran to shower room and basically speed-showered before running out with just a towel covering my bare skin. I wore the clothes left on my bed but the skirt felt a little too tight on my bum.

"Shit." I cussed under my breath. Whatever. I combed my wet hair with my fingers because I hadn't had too much time to struggle combing with an actual brush.

I opened the drawer of my mirror table and opened a small box with a tape attached to it. There, in my mother's handwriting, were the words, "EMERGENCY!!".

I still remember that day when my mum came in with the box. I was a stubborn child, I tried to convince her I didn't need it. Perhaps I had followed my mother. She was stubborn too.

I took out a powder and quickly dabbed it all over my face and neck. I clumsily took out a mascara and pondered for a while. How the hellamIsupposedtodothis? I knew this were for eyelashes but I had never done this before. 

With careful hands, I swiped the sticky part of the mascara stick on my eyelash before moving to the next one. It didn't look different to me. My eyelashes were just a bit longer and darker. Maybethat's what I should expect, I thought.

The next one was easy though. It was the red lipstick. I had to just smear it on my lips and it'll leave a colour. I did what I had imagined and what most girls did when they finished putting it on.

I looked at myself in the mirror. I didn't really know who I was looking at. The make up did a pretty good job on me but I somehow felt nervous. Calum would laugh at me. I know he would.

"Whatever, Eliza. Forget about Calum. It's Ashton we're focusing on." I whispered to myself before grabbing my phone and wallet. I took a pair of my boots and struggled to put it on while I was going down the stairs.

I took the keys from the kitchen counter so my dad knew I was out. My dad didn't really mind if I went out but the only thing is that I have to come back by midnight. Important rule.

I rushed out the door and locked it before making my way out on the street. Calum told me to wait for him at the café down the street and I guess that's where I am heading. It was already dark outside and I was feeling a little chilly.

It was really silent too. It's just my thoughts accompanying me at night. My footsteps were the only thing I could hear and I started thinking about stuffs that didn't really matter.

Will Calum laugh at my outfit?

Make up looks so weird on me.

I don't want him to see me in a skirt but I don't understand why I still wore it.

I should have worn just a tee and jeans.

I hate my life.

I started to get nervous and hesitated walking into the cafe. I had just arrived and the cafe looks really isolated except there were a few people at the corner. I looked around the room. Calum wasn't here yet.

Maybe I should just get a drink while waiting for him. I walked up to counter and ordered myself a "Double Chocolate Frappé". The waiter was a kinda cute guy and he looked like he was around 20.

With my cup in his hand and a sharpie on the other, he asked me, "What's your name, gorgeous?" I tried really hard to not blush at his comment but I could feel the heat slowly creeping up to my cheeks.

"Um, Eliza." I said and looked down at my fingers. I could literally feel the awkwardness, or maybe it was just me.

He scribbled it down but it took longer than I thought. He passed me the cup and smiled at me. After paying, I quickly took a seat at the corner. That was the most weirdest experience I had with a waiter.

I looked down at my cup and in sharpie he had written, "Eliza, you have really nice eyes." I glanced at the waiter and caught him looking at me. I quickly turn and looked the other way round. God.. Where is Calum Hood?

The waiter started walking up to the table in front of me and wiped the table. It was extremely awkward because he was trying so hard to want my attention. I could tell by seeing him looking at me when he was supposed to be doing his job. God. 

"Are you here alone?" The voice surprised me and I looked up to see the same waiter. I learned that his name was 'Dylan' after I realised the name badge he was wearing. There was no denying that he was incredibly attractive but he made me a little uncomfortable probably because I have never been noticed by a guy before and it's creeping me out. I don't know why girls found it cute. 

"Uh, I'm waiting for someone." I said but soon regret it because he obviously didn't have to know that but I hope by saying this, he would leave me alone. I looked at the time and Calum was late as heck. He should be here since 5 minutes ago. 

"If you ever feel lon-" 

But he was too late, Calum had came. He slide past me onto the chair next to mine and slung his arm over my shoulder which only made me send him a groan. He looked over to the Dylan guy and back  to me. "Sorry, she's with me." 

The poor guy's face dropped and he simply nodded before walking off. I scowled at Calum and he just shrugged before removing his arm off my shoulders. "Sorry, I couldn't find my keys." He gave an excuse although I knew he woke up late. That was always what happened but he'll always try to find a real excuse to use on me or even the rest of the guys. 

"Whatever. Where are we supposed to go anyway?" I asked, sipping on my drink before passing it to Calum who seemed to be staring at me drinking from the cup. He happily took it and finished the whole cup. He grabbed my wrists and pulled me out the cafe. "Somewhere." 

i was really excited to write the part of her getting noticed by the hot waiter but i kinda screwed it up with my shitty writing sorry and also sorry for not updating for so long )-: ive got exams and i had my cousins wedding and a lot of things you wont understand thanks anyway ily x

-babycalum