#19 First Time When A Second Was Great

My first kiss — soft and light, soft and light, soft and light. These were the only things that went through my head when Calum's lips were on mine. It wasn't the feeling itself that enticed me, it was all the ideas that came along with it. The kiss was like a warm towel against your skin after a cold, morning shower. The kiss was like the smell of freshly brewed coffee and freshly baked brownies. The kiss was like cotton candy that melts infinitely in your mouth. The kiss was like the soft tapping of rain on the window of dad's car.

And when it ended, there was nothing — it was like eating your favourite cereal and realising there's none left in the box for later. So, I slowly opened my eyes and I see his wide open. His cheeks were coloured pink and I realised.

"Y – you kissed me." I whispered.

"I did, didn't I?" He whispered back.

"W-why?" I stuttered but do I really need an answer?

"I'm sorry."

I frowned a little bit at his apology and after a long silence between us, I realised Ashton is probably waiting downstairs.

"I'm not sure what's going on at the moment but – but I'm going to sit. Can you get, um, Ashton? For the, for the .. project!" I stuttered incoherent nonsense.

"But are you okay?" Calum asked carefully.

"Yes! Why wouldn't I be? Ha-ha."

Of course, I did feel a little ditsy after the kiss. It was my first time, and I wasn't expecting it to be this soon and with a close friend, for goodness's sake! Right now, there is nobody I relate to more than Luna Lovegood – our lovable, ditsy friend from Harry Potter.

Calum looked towards me once more before making his way downstairs. A few minutes later, Michael shouted that he'd be leaving and I heard the front door closed. Soon after, Ashton appeared in front of my room with his bag and then Calum right behind him.

"Hey, why do you look so red?" Ashton asked.

I felt my cheeks heat up more and I placed both my hands on both cheeks, frowning as I did so.

"Oh, will you look at that! I think I'm sick!" I gave a pathetic laugh.

The boys came in and Calum closed the door behind him. He was looking at me with a pained look on his face but I avoided eye contact and lied down on my bed.

"You should rest then. We'll start the project, don't worry." Ashton assured as he sat down on the floor with his laptop.

I opened my mouth to reject against the idea but I didn't want to do anything right now, especially with Calum in the same room as me. I finally nodded in acknowledgment and tucked myself under the blankets, slightly peeking at the two who are already working on the project.

"Are you guys okay already?" Ashton whispered to Calum but I could still hear him rather clearly.

Calum didn't reply to his question but I could see him nodding and smiling awkwardly — or not. He seemed guilty and I think I know why. He still thinks I like Ashton.

I tossed and turned in bed and groaned to myself -- maybe the boys heard it but I didn't care. I was so agitated but it wasn't because of the kiss (I honestly don't know if I liked it), it was perhaps because Calum feels sorry for kissing me. Why must it affect me? He should be sorry right? I mean, we are friends? I don't want to ruin that, do I?

"Are you alright there, Eliza?" Ashton voiced out and I only mumbled a soft 'mhmm'.

The boys soon left after two hours of discussion and it felt like a huge weight lifted off my shoulders -- that was hell.

I didn't see them out the door, claiming that I was still sick and didn't feel good. I remember seeing Calum's disappointed face through the sheets before he left.

Finally, I got out of bed and made my way to the kitchen. Maybe a good piece of chocolate bun could cheer me up. I took the big piece of bun and stuffed it in my mouth. Just when I was about to get a drink, someone knocked on the door.

It's probably just dad.

Still chewing the thick bun, I opened the door and was surprised to see Calum outside the door. I couldn't ask him why he came back as my mouth was still stuffed with food.

"Eliza," he breathed out, "I didn't mean what I said a few hours ago."

Chew. Chew!

"I am not – even a little bit – sorry that I kissed you."

Quick! Chew! Just swallow the damn bun!

"And I don't care about your little crush on Ashton, or my little crush on Hillary, right now. So can I," He paused, "kiss you again?"

Finally, I swallowed and coughed a few times before looking at him as if he was out of his mind.

"What?," I asked, "You made fun of me and then you kissed me, you said you were sorry and then you came back all of a sudden and say you want to kiss me again?"

"In a nutshell."

"Calum Hood, I don't think you understand --"

All of a sudden, he pulled me against him and kissed me. It was tense at first, but then, he melted – like a candle. My head was spinning, my fingers struggling to cling onto something. But slowly, my hands moved smoothly along his back and my fingers crawled at the nape of his neck and before I knew it, I was already kissing him back.

As ironic as it seems, this time, the second is something I'd never forget. (And, I think I kind of like it.)

-

this is a book about eliza's firsts but her second kiss seems better than her first lol & i hope you enjoyed this chapter as I did writing it hehe ! again, you may vote & comment if you want to & it'd please me so