#15 First Confession

It has been two days since the awkward double date with Ashton and Yvonne. Everything ended smoothly though. Calum sent me home and that was all there is to it.

The guilt I felt that night was still stuck in my chest and it took all I had in me to not tell Calum that I have given up. It was useless anyway. Ashton will never see me that way and besides, I have three other best friends and I love them all. Friendship is much more important than romantic love too, at least that's what I thought.

It has also been three days since I talked to Luke. Usually, even when we don't talk , we'd just text but three days with no form of communication was making me upset and confused.

His recent outburst got me feeling exactly that way and maybe he would never approach me unless I did it first. I stared at my iPhone in my palm and cautiously tried landing my finger on the 'Call' button. Before I could even click on it, my phone rang and I jumped in surprise.

It is Luke!

Part of me wanted to pick it up immediately but the other wanted me to wait a few seconds so as not to seem as if I had been waiting all along. I tapped on the button and placed the device on my ear.

"...Hello?" I slowly called out.

There was muffled sounds in the background and it seemed as if someone was breathing into the phone.

"Luke, is that you? Are you okay?" I called out again, just to be sure.

"Just ask her, damn it!" A faint voice shouted from the background. He sounded a lot like Michael.

"Eliza," A voice breathed out,"I want to talk to you! Meet me at the park?"

I eagerly agreed and set off to change to a t-shirt and a pair of jeans. I grabbed my boots and keys and walked out the door. God, I need to slap Luke so hard for scaring me. It has been three days! What was he thinking?

My legs gradually went faster as soon as I spot a tall guy sitting on a bench. It seems as though both of us were the only ones here. The park was empty if you don't count the familiar ice-cream stand at the corner. I came nearer and smiled. It really is you, Luke.

He looked up and his eyes widened as he realized I have been standing beside him. He moved closer to the edge of the bench before tapping the space beside him, inviting me to sit.

"Thank you." I only responded and sat down beside him. Instantly, my hands found their way to my lap and started tapping my fingers on the screen of my phone.

I honestly didn't know what to say to him. I have so many questions but none of them would come out. Are you mad at me? What's wrong? Did I offend you? Why did you say what you said?

However, I uttered nothing and patiently wait until he feels comfortable to finally admit whatever he was going on about. We have been friends for 3 years. The first few times we were alone together, I could always sense his need to say something and I would always ask him about it but the questions stopped when I realised that he had nothing to say to me even when his eyes were begging to tell the truth. I guess today might be the day.

"Eliza," he started and the atmosphere thickened with tension, "the truth is, I --"

don't like you? hate you? am moving out of the country?

"am in love with you."

Oh shit.

-

the photo was taken yesterday during my concert and i thought i could use it! & incredibly sorry for the long hiatus :/