#6 First Meeting

It was already Monday. The day I hate the most because weekend has ended and now it's back to school.

The guys were with me, all seated at our usual spot in the lunch room; at the corner. All of us were having a mini staring competition with each other because every single one of us were just looking at the other, without saying a word.

"Stop." I finally said, breaking the silence and everyone looked at me as if I made a huge crime.

"Eliza Bethany Jo." Michael glared at me and pointed his finger straight at my face.

"Don't say my full name, asshole." I gave him the finger and crossed my arms. I hated my full name especially my middle name; Bethany.

He frowned at me and gave a silly tongue-out. How badass of him.

"Anyway, Calum.." I softly called him, as if asking whether he wants the rest of the guys to know about what happened especially Michael. He was always the one missing out on things.

"I don't think the guys should--"

"But don't you think you should tell them?" I persuaded, smiling to make him consider.

"No El--"

"They would understand. Come on,Cal"

"No, El. Listen--"

"They're your friends,Calum. Please--"

"It doesn't sound too good, I--"

"But they can help you and--"

"I said no!" He snapped, finally interrupting me from my persuasion.

Everyone in the lunch room fell silent and they were all looking towards our side, even Luke and Michael who broke off from their conversation they had while I was with Calum.

"Um guys...." Luke said, his usual awkward self came back.

"Look, El, I'm really sorry." Calum's eyes fell to the ground.

"No, I am sorry." I sighed, biting my bottom lip.

"It's just tha--"

"It's fine, really. I'll just go and you can sort yourself out." I took my bag and my notebooks from the floor and rushed out from the lunch room, ignoring the shouts from the guys.

I pulled his trigger, right when he wasn't in the mood and now I guess Calum hates me. Or maybe he thinks I'm really just plain annoying. I was holding back the angry tears that were begging to come out and take the hurt away.

Stop, Eliza. It was just a shout. Don't cry. Stop being so annoying and cry over the smallest things. You're a strong woman, like your mother. Keep your head high and show them you're not as weak as you seem. Dad would be proud.

Even if my mind says 'don't cry', my heart says to let it all out. I didn't know which to follow. I was feeling angry and sad and really dumb. I hate it when I was at the weaker end. It was annoying and I hate being the person who cries at the smallest things. I'm not like that at all. But the tears were threatening to spill.

I said no!

The sound of Calum's voice ringed back to my mind and that's when I completely lost it. Tears were dripping from my eyes by the time I reached the empty hallway near my next class; Literature (unfortunately).

My eyes were turning puffy. Suddenly, the sound of footsteps came nearer and nearer, making me quieten down.

I quickly opened my locker, a few steps away but accidentally dropped my notebook. I tried to hide myself from the person who was moving pass me even though that was a stupid idea of hiding myself.

"Miss?" I heard a voice behind me.

My eyes widened and I quickly wiped my eyes, wiping off the tears. I took a deep breath and exhaled quietly before turning to the person, obviously annoyed at him or her.

When I turned around, a boy with reddish-curly hair stood right behind me, hugging some school books close to his chest. He looked about the same age as me but I had never seen him in school before. Perhaps the new transfer student Mdm Darcy mentioned in class the other day?

"Yes, what?" I said, purposely making myself sound annoyed so he could go away and let me have my peace.

I actually expected him to turned away and moved from the place but he did the most unexpected thing; he laughed. He actually laughed at my annoyed voice.

"Sorry, Miss but you dropped your notebook?" He chuckled again, like a cute kind of chuckle and passed me my notebook.

I groaned and took the notebook from his hands, really annoyed with his kindness as if showing me how much of a bitch I was.

"Are you okay, Miss?" He asked again, straining his eyes to look closer at my face.

"Yes, I'm fine and thank you. Now, move along." I shooed him. I know I was being rude but I can't help it. He was being very annoying and I just want to have some silence.

"I really don't think--"

"El!" The dude in front of me was interrupted by Calum who was running towards us.

I turned back to look at the red lad in front of me and hooked his arm with mine, turning away from Calum on purpose.

"Boyfriend?" He asked, taking the hint that I was purposely avoiding Calum.

"Nope." I said.

"Hmm then a friend, I supposed?"

"Right." I nodded at his second guess.

The sound of Calum's footsteps was right behind us but I ignored. I really didn't want to see him. I was still upset at how he shouted at me but maybe he wasn't completely wrong. I was being very annoying and that's the exact reason I'm avoiding him.

"I'm sorry but I didn't catch your name. Is it El?" The guy with his arm hooked with mine asked.

"It's Eliza but the guy behind us and a two of my other friends call me 'El', for short." I really didn't know why I told him all this. Maybe I just wanted to forget all about what happened with Calum.

"Eliza..Nice name." He complimented and I smiled at him. To be honest, he didn't really sound so bad. He is actually very polite and kind.

"What about you?" I asked. He knew my name and I definitely need to know his.

"It's Ashton. Ashton Irwin." He smiled, dimples flashing.

_________

Tadaaa Cupcakes !!

You finally get to meet Ashton in the story (: I'm so heart-eyes emoji right now because Ashton c: Well, I hope you like reading this ! If you do, please vote and comment if you please. Goodbye ily all

-babycalum xx