#5 First Rejection

Hillary Wales; a very beautiful girl who would do anything so as to keep her social status.

Calum Hood; a young man who loves music and would do anything for the girl he adores.

I wanted to stand right beside him and tell him it's okay even though I know it's not. Being rejected can be heart-breaking, depending on how much you love or like that person. And by the looks of how Calum is, he is very hurt.

"What do we do now?" Luke whispered to me.

Calum had just been rejected right in front of our faces by Hill. He was serenading her but she shut him up and left without a feeling of guilt. To spare him the embarrassment, both of us decided to leave and forget all about what has happened today.

"I'm sorry for making you wait with me to see Calum.. Maybe we can go buy ice-cream?" I asked.

Luke gave a huge toothy smile and nodded to me like an excited little kid. Both of us walked to the ice cream shop at the corner of the street and I bought for both of us a Raspberry Swirl each.

•••••••••

"Thank you." I smiled at Luke and punched him on the shoulder. He made a fake hurt-face and placed his hand over his arm.

"This made a good first date, except that you decided to fail all my plans for Calum." He made a sad face and laughed at what he just said.

"Yeah, keep thinking like that." I rolled my eyes and punched him again.

He turned around to go back home right after I gave him back his sunnies. To be honest, today was interesting. We saw Calum and we had ice cream together. Everything felt right, minus the dress and how Calum got rejected.

I turned back and opened the door before locking it. My dad was still at the same spot he was before. It'd be no surprise to me if he really didn't move at all while I was gone.

I ran upstairs and walked into the room, to change back into some lazy pants and a t-shirt. The dress was now in my hands but I gently put it back inside the box, and placed it in my wardrobe.

"Ah, I'm so tired." I sighed, plopping my whole body onto my bed.

I thought about what had happened in the park. How is Calum right now? I bet he is crying. Where is he? Maybe at home, writing another song about heartbreak. Or maybe he went over to either Luke's or Michael's. Poor Calum.

I sighed again and brushed my hair with my fingers, letting go of the bun I had. I threw the rubber band and it landed directly onto my table, making me grinned widely because of my perfect aiming.

Right when everything was quiet and I was about to drift off to sleep, there was a small knock that felt it came from right behind my head.

"Wha--" I opened my eyes and turned to my window.

There he was, with eyes slightly wet, right in front of my window. I totally did not expect him to come here. Out of all the guy friends he had, he decided to come to my place. It looks like he was struggling to keep holding onto the window pane. I rushed over to the window and opened it.

"What happened?" I pretended to ask even though I knew perfectly well what happened.

He gently took out his guitar from his shoulders and pushed it into the room, squeezed himself through the window and fell right on my bed since the window was just beside it. He rubbed his eyes and immediately started hugging my arm.

"Woah there, big guy." I said, half-serious & half-playful.

"I'm sorry." He frowned and finally let go of my arm.

I gave him a small sympathetic smile. He looked so small and vulnerable as if he was a little boy who just got his balloon taken away from him.

"So..Are you gonna tell me what happened?" I asked him and crossed my leg to sit beside him.

He gave me a long sigh and groaned as if I asked him an impossible-to-answer question. I looked at him, eyebrows furrowed, wanting to know what really happened.

Calum ran his fingers through his hair and pulled his guitar into his lap.

"Well..." He paused to pull his beanies closer to his ears, "I just got rejected."

He turned to face me and looked straight into my eyes when he said those words, waiting for me to do something. I looked back into his eyes, thinking of what I should say to someone who just got their heart crushed. Our faces were so close to each other, I could feel his breath on my cheeks.

This is awkward.

"Usually, this is where you would console me and hug me and I would realize why I hadn't come after you instead and then we would kiss and then make out with each other." He finally said after he got tired of waiting for my answer.

I laughed at him but rolled my eyes, "I was supposed to cheer you up, Calum." I didn't quite forget the moment we had easily though.

"Anyway, I am truly sorry. I'm really not sure what to say at a situation like this." I frowned. I reached my hand for his back and rubbed it to make him feel better.

It was true though, what I said. I am not the expert at giving advice nor am I good at cheering someone up when they're down. That is why, coming to me for advice or to make yourself better is a no way to go.

But somehow, today ended pretty well. Calum went home with a smile on his face and that made me really glad. Finally, I was able to be the person someone comes to when they're feeling upset and needed some cheering up.

_________

Ellooo sunflowers !!

What do you think of this chapter? Please comment about it, I love to read how people feel about my story. Do you like it? If you do, please click on the vote button. It would mean the whooole world to me c: Ily all, have a nice day/night, depending on where you live (: Bye

-babycalum xx