#4 First Walk

"We have been lying on my bed since an hour ago." I sighed, facing the wall with my body sprawled on the bed with Luke just an arm further away from me.

He slowly turned his body so he was facing me and whispered, "Let's do something else."

My eyebrows furrowed as I thought what we could actually do when there's nothing in the room other than some stupid children board games. I turned my body and we faced each other. Obviously I didn't really care since I treat him just as a friend. But he was giving the vibe and making things more awkward that it seems.

"Like what?" I whispered, not wanting to raise my voice especially when we're this close.

He laughed quietly before adding, "Let's go out."

I turned back around to face the ceiling and I groaned. I don't want to go out, especially on a Saturday.

"But where?" I asked, dragging the word 'where'.

He stood up from the bed and pulled me up by holding my hand when I clearly made myself sound reluctant to join in his plans. He opened my door and pulled me, once again, outside and headed down the stairs where it sounded like my dad was watching soccer.

Once we reached the door, Luke finally turned to see my face and gestured towards my dad as if asking whether he would allow us to go out.

"It's okay, he won't mind." I laughed.

Luke smiled at me and tried to pulled me out the door but I stopped him from doing so. I was wearing the same dress and I looked ridiculous!

"No! I'm still wearing this..." I looked down, cringing at myself for the second time since I wore this.

"Come on, El. Here's some sunnies." He dig in his back pocket of his jeans and handed me the same pair of glasses that he wore to school the other day.

I rolled my eyes at him and wore the glass to avoid people from school seeing me like this, as if a pair of sunglasses could hide me. We were still holding hands though, which somehow felt normal to me. I took my long black sweater from the coats hanger and wore my boots.

"Are you sure about this? I don't feel g--"

"You look fine." He rolled his eyes and pulled me out door again.

•••••••

"You know, you're the first person to ever see me in a dress." I said and looked at him through the sunnies he gave me.

I was just a head shorter than Luke, which makes me at around his neck level. I sometimes wonder how the hell, did he grow so tall while I was here still stuck at this height.

"I'm glad." He smiled, teeth and all with his lip ring at the side of his .. well, lips.

I laughed at him as we walked down the almost-empty street, nearing the park. I looked down and watch the movement of my feet and the steps I made become the only entertainment I could find in the uncomfortable state I was in.

Suddenly, Luke stopped walking and poked me on my arm. I looked up at him and moved my head to where he was facing at. Right there, steps away from us, were Calum. He was standing by the bench, carrying his guitar.

"Isn't that..What is he doing there?" I asked and strained my eyes to see better.

"I don't know. Maybe he's waiting for someone.." Luke trailed on, giving me an idea of who he might be waiting for.

"Hill!" Luke and I said at the exact same time.

I wanted to clap hands with him for saying the same thing but I figured the situation now was too awkward for that.

We silently walked closer to Calum but not too close that he could notice us. Luke and I hid behind the tree, not really being obvious that we're stalking someone.

"Should we wait or you know, continue what we were supposed to be doing?" Luke asked and I rolled my eyes as if he asked a fairly obvious question.

"Let's look out for him!" I pointed towards Calum, who now had his head down. He looked a little tired and disappointed.

With a disapproving look, Luke whispered, "This doesn't seem right."

I ignored his comment and looked around me for any sign of Hillary Wales, the girl who was once my best friend.

We were close friends during elementary school and I was following her around like a dog while she was given attention. I thought she liked me but I was wrong. She only came because of one stupid, pathetic and even messed-up reason; because I had "nice eyes and hair" and she didn't want me to get all the attention so she made me her dog. I didn't leave her because of that though, I thought attention was stupid and I decided to go; never to be heard of again. But it still came back to me (kind of), because of the three boys I now call friends.

"El! Look, over there!" Luke whispered -shouted, breaking me away from my flashback.

Just like we guessed, the queen of Towns High School was already there right in front of the now-smiling Calum.

_________

Sup chicken nuggets !!

Sorry if this seemed short, I didn't want to drag it ((this will somehow become my usual excuse though I wasn't kidding)) but I hope you guys like this chapter as much as I do c: I thought it was already becoming more interesting and all. Please comment what you think of this chapter and if you like it too, then please vote !! It means a lot ily all :D aaaannnd Hillary is played by Sarah Paxton (from Aquamarine) c:

-babycalum xx