#12 First Clue

My breath hitched and I failed to swallow what felt like a huge lump on my throat. I played with the hem of my dress and turn away from their direction, avoiding listening to anymore of their conversation.

Oh, Eliza. This is why you should never let your guard down especially around boys. I reminded myself, my chest feeling a little heavy. I moved towards Calum to tell him we should just give up on this whole thing and move on but I guess he witnessed it too.

"Cal--" I called him but all he did was grabbed both of my shoulders so I could face him.

"It's not over yet until she says 'I do'." He said in a serious tone but chuckled under his breath. Calum can be so silly and annoying even at times like this. That's one of the many reason why I like being around him.

"Calum, it's not like I'm in love with him or anything, it's just a one time thing. We'll move past it." I said and waved my hand off to show him it's really nothing.

"No, if we put in a lot of effort, we'll get something in the end." Calum walked over to Ashton and pat him on the back a few times. I watch over as the two talk and heard bits of the conversation.

"So what do you say?" He asked, with no shame. Ashton hesitated to answer his question and looks over at the lucky girl named Yvonne, questioningly.

"I'm all up for it." She smiled sincerely and pushed a strand of her blonde hair behind her ear. I looked over at her and back towards my fingers. I took the step she made and pushed the few tendrils on my face behind my ears.

The way she did it looks attractive. In comparison, I bet I looked so weird doing it. "Um, so who's your date Calum?" Ashton asked him either out of interest or none at all.

That's when Calum turned towards my direction and smiled."Eliza, Eliza is my date!" He said, making almost everyone near us turn to look.

I widened my eyes in horror at all the familiar faces of jealous-looking girls from my school who were all over the crowd. "Slut." I heard one say but I ignored it. Never slept with a guy before, all those were just bullshit comments.

"El?" A voice from behind me spoke, almost like a little whisper. I turned around to see Luke, his fingers on his lip ring and his eyes filled with curiosity and disappointment.

"It's not what it looks like. I swear we're not dating or anything! It's just that Calum--"

"El.. Calm down," he chuckled and ran his fingers through his hair, "I get it."

"You do?" I asked, not convinced by his 'I get it'. He played with his lip ring some more and I swear I felt like slapping his face. He took a deep breath and exhaled with a loud, long puff almost as if he was stopping himself from crying.

"No, no. Actually I don't get it." He said after a good long minute. He walked away and turned around back towards Michael. I couldn't bring myself to ask him what he meant by that because I was honestly so confused. At first he said he got it but then he changed his mind? He even made me feel guilty which if you think carefully, I did nothing wrong at all.

Luke'sPOV

I walked away from her, still confused on why did that. bet she thinks I'm a weirdo and she would never understand, nor do I. 3 years, 3 years we've been friends and she still hasn't realised how this heart; my heart, has been longing for her. She would never understand.

I know wasn't being fair to her, leaving her confused just like that but couldn't just sit and stare! She has got to realize at last. I've attempted too many times to tell her how much I 'like' her (since 'love' is too strong word for girl like her) but she always had a share of excuses and saying how Ishouldn't treat her "like girl".

To be perfectly honest, part of me actually expected her to come after me but what was thinking, right? I'm in love with the most clueless girl ever! No insults or anything, just frustration. Frankly, I admit that kind of overreacted the whole thing though. Calum has every right to ask any girl out and of course she would say yes! Who wouldn't to such guy?

mean, he is kinda popular among the ladies in school. But thinking of that, he swore he was only interested in Hillary? So what's up with him and Eliza all of sudden

 this is short but i wanted to end it with lukes thoughts and what he feels and all that okay ill update as soon as i can !! oh and please check out my new book 'hes beautiful' :-)