Part 16

Ashlyn

It was incredible to watch Mateo. There isn't a thing about him that doesn't make me want more. He finally lifts his head, having let it fall back at the end of the sexiest encounter of my life. I'm not sure how not really having sex could be the best sex of my life, but apparently he's a man that defies the rules. I'll happily be his naughty protégé. His eyes are still glazed over and his breaths are ragged and I can't get enough looking at him.

"Holy shit," he says, lifting his brows slightly as his chest rises and falls. "What the fuck just happened?"

I giggle softly at his words and answer, "I'm not too sure, but I'd like to do it again." He's already nodding his head in agreement and chuckling.

"Sign me up." His eyes are looking straight into mine and I wonder if it's OK to kiss him again. He seems to be watching me with the same curiosity. His hands are on my hips and he moves them so they are locked behind me, changing his possessive grip to a comforting embrace. "Thank you," his voice is low and sweet. "I really needed that. More than you could know."

I nod my head and then stand up from his lap. He pulls his shirt off and uses it to clean up as I put myself back together. I can't keep my eyes off him as his muscles flex and move. He's something else. I head for the bathroom to clean up myself and it's on the way there that I feel the first fluttering of panic hit. I like him. Not just the it's fun to screw around with you type of like, more like I think you're incredibly brave and wonderful kind. What if I just messed up my chance at making this something more? He seemed pretty casual about the whole experience.

It only takes the five minutes I'm in the bathroom to make the decision to keep moving forward with the friend with benefits type of scenario. He's not here permanently and neither am I. We both have stuff going on in our lives, why not help each other relieve a little stress? Maybe the more we get to know each other, the easier it will get. The rules just need to be established so I know what lines to stay between.

When I step out into the hall, he's standing with his arms folded across that perfect bare chest. He looks up at me sheepishly with a grin that melts my heart. "I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do next," he admits. I love the innocence of his statement. "I don't usually hook up with girls I'm going to see again." I'm nodding my head along with his words—it's not something I do either. "I am going to see you again, right?" he asks almost like he can't believe I meant what I said earlier. I laugh and walk towards him.

"Yes," I admit, lifting up on my tiptoes and kissing his cheek sweetly. "You're going to see me again." I rock back on the soles of my feet and smile at his bewildered expression.

"OK," he confirms, reaching out and touching my hip so he can pull me closer. "But am I going to get to touch you again? Are you going to touch me?" My chest feels so full of excitement and giddiness. Our bodies are now pressed closely together and his hot stare is focused on my eyes.

"Most definitely," I answer. His lips rise into a bright smile that I can see through the scruff of his beard. "I need to get going, it's late." I say the words but can't quite convince my legs to move when my skin is tingling at every point of contact I have with him.

"Goodnight, sunshine. I'll see you tomorrow." He presses a soft kiss to my forehead and releases his hold on my body. Well, at least the physical one, because when I step back from him it still feels like he has me. It's like somehow I gave him something of mine, and he handed over something of his that will keep us tethered together. I'm not sure what to make of it yet, but I already can't wait for the next time our lips meet.

"Goodnight." I turn and let myself out of his apartment. I don't stop moving until I get to the end of his block. I'm afraid if I look back he might be there and I won't be able to resist coming back for more. It will be too soon—too much. At the same time, I know if I look back and he's not there—it might just break my heart a little. 

****Friends with benefits...or something more.... Can't wait to read your comments!! Remember you can leave them here or on twitter (at)SarahWhiteWrite