Part 35

Mateo

I find her immediately on Monday morning as I step into the PT office. She's already helping Levi with something I know he could do by himself, but he just looks at me like he snuck a cookie knowing he was going to get caught. Motherfucker. I flip him off with a grin and head over to the mat to stretch. Lying on my back I start by pulling my knee up to my chest. I'm a little tight today and I wonder if it's because I didn't do anything yesterday besides lying around nursing a hangover.

"I'm leaving for a meeting upstairs," Jane says as she stands above me. "If you need anything you can ask Ashlyn." I can't believe she hasn't figured out that there is something between the two of us, but I'm not about to bring any attention to it.

"Ashlyn. Got it." My voice sounds strained as my thigh protests the stretch with a sharp burn like a hot knife in my quad. She walks away, satisfied that she's off the hook and I close my eyes and use some deep breathing to keep from throwing up with the pain.

"It might help if you warm it up a little first," Ashlyn's sweet voice says moving closer to my ear. I open my eyes and find her kneeling beside me, watching my form as I hold my knee.

"I feel like I take one step forward and two back every time I take a day off."

"You had fun. Don't beat yourself up over it. This is going to be your body for the rest of your life. If you let a little regression get to you, you'll want to throw in the towel every few months." Her hand wraps around my ankle and guides my leg so I straighten it out. "I think you just need to relax." Then she makes that impossible by putting both of her hands on the muscle right above my knee.

She positions her thumbs in some magical way that makes them feel like they were design to fit in the groove. With enough pressure to cause some pain, but not enough to make me wince, she pushes up, stretching my quad. Her hands slide up my thigh until her fingers are just about an inch from my groin. I hold my breath and feel myself tense, wanting so badly for her to touch me but knowing that her intention is not the same as mine in this moment.

Letting go, she moves her hands back down to the starting position and repeats the stretch. She's watching her work, "Were those friends from around here?" she asks like she isn't driving me insane with her touch.

"Um," I try to think but my mind is full of too many other thoughts to focus on the answer. I try harder and will myself not to feel her fingers on the inside of my groin. "No."

"You're one friend," she starts to ask, but then stops all movement to try and remember his name. It's torture pure and simple. My brain is screaming in agony at the way she's stopped inching up my leg. "Lucas? Garver?" she's so cute the way she purses her lips and shakes her head until a few wispy strands of hair fall around her face.

"Garver," I answer. She's getting one word. That's all I can manage. I don't even realize what I'm doing until my fingers are sweeping across her forehead and tucking her loose hair behind her ear. She doesn't flinch or pull away, but her eyes jump up to mine bright with desire and wide with the surprise of my hands on her in such a tender way. I slowly move my hand back down to the mat at my side.

Her chest is rising higher now, her cheeks painted that beautiful soft pink. "Garver," she repeats. "Did he make it back ok?"

I don't want to be talking about him right now. I want to be talking about how good her lips look and how incredible it feels for her hands to be wrapped around my thigh. I want her to tell me it's been long enough and this exile from her touch is finally over. Actually, I don't want to be talking about anything. I want to be touching her—holding her. "Yes," I answer quickly.

"So your other friends are still here or...?" she doesn't finish her sentence. Her thumbs are now so high they press against my pelvic bone, her fingers sculpted around my thigh so that I can feel the back of her hand against the part of me that has had enough of this talking and wants more of the touching. The blood in my body is hot and aggressive. It's pumping with all of its force to my dick and there is no image I can begin to think of that's going to change its destination. Screw puppy dogs and old ladies. My hormones are on a mission and I can practically hear my pulse chanting her name like demanding cadence.

I take a quick glance around the room. Levi is on a machine facing away from us and the other therapist is working with an older vet in the far back. Still, anyone could turn around at any minute or walk through the door and see us here on the floor, her hands so close to my dick it twitches in its attempt to get closer. I'm in tight boxer briefs and an old pair of sweats, but this is going to be hard to shrug off if anyone looks in our direction. With one hand, I adjust myself and with the other, I capture the wrist of her hand nearest to my groin.

Her eyes open a little wider, her breaths coming in short pants as I move her hand and hold it away from my body. I whisper hoarsely, "You're gonna need to move your hands." She looks down at her hands and I see the second she registers what I'm talking about. The light blush turns a few shades darker.

"I'm sorry," she whispers and then takes a quick look around the room. When she sees the coast is all clear, her eyes return to mine and a smile forms in her perfect lips. She wets them innocently, but my body responds as if she's just licked me. I close my eyes and groan quietly.

"Not helping." My words make her giggle. I sit up, moving my legs into a position where my excitement won't be so obvious. She's still laughing as I give her an angry look. I can't keep it on my face very long before I'm laughing too. I few heads finally turn in our direction to see what's so funny, but we just quiet down. I've missed her. Not just how good she can make me feel when her hands are on me, but the way she's like a ray of sunshine that seems to glitter even brighter when she's happy. "Let me take you out tonight?" I ask when everyone has gone back to their exercises.

"I'd like that."

"The doctor cleared me to drive," I say unable to hide how proud that makes me. The feeling only grows more intense when I see that she practically beams with excitement.

"Mateo! That's great!" She throws her arms around my neck and holds me tight. "You worked so hard for that."

I rub my hand up her back, "You're right, I worked really hard." Then I move so that only she can hear my next words, "But driving wasn't what I was working towards." I let her go and stand up, extending a hand down to her so that I can help her to her feet. Her hand feels so right in mine and I tug her up and close, "I'll pick you up at 6, sunshine." I'm not going to tell her what I was working so hard towards, because if everything goes right tonight—I'll show her. 

****Hi readers!! We got this story up to #39 in romance. If we can get it to the top 10, I'll write that bonus Dear Bailey chapter. You can help by voting (and making sure you've voted every chapter), commenting (and please, please, please tag your friends in the comments on the chapters so that they can help to), and sharing. Share it on social media or with your followers here on Wattpad.  I will do a poll to see what you would want to read more about from Lucas and Bailey. The idea with the most votes will win. Will it be when Lucas and Bailey are back together of the first time after he comes home? Their Honeymoon? Their anniversary? 

Thanks for your support and help!