Chapter 45: A damn lot of thinking

CASSIES POV (mainly inside her brain))))

The next morning I wake up early, my neck is crooked although comfortable, maybe just in the thought that I was next to Louis. My mind had been racing every since I had encountered Harry probably not too long ago in the very early stages of the morning, mostly because of how I had filled in the questions from the booklet the station had left me. I thought I'd might have fallen asleep quickly, but it seemed my sleeping was just my eyes closed and my brain still churning with flashbacks and spitting images of the things Dan had done to me. And had made me do. But although this was the case, I knew everything was in the past now. I had a better life ahead of me.

Ahead of me. Hmm.

Thinking about the future.

What do I want? Where do I want to be in 10 years? The first thing that springs in mind after this thought is myself and Louis, maybe living in a beautiful- not overally big house, maybe with a child of our own.

I'm not one to usually think of the future with someone, my Grandad always told me that all relationships I have- to never expect and think big of them at a younger age because most of the time, he said I'd end up heart broken or disappointed. And even though at the time I ignored him and got upset with the thought of being heart broken, it was a good piece of advice that I started to carry with me after my first encounter with a boyfriend, I'd always fall head first flat on my face too deep into a relationship, so from then, I kept my guards up, until of course that I was with Dan, although without taking my own walls down, he had forced them down.

So now, with Louis, not even a year within being together, my gut tells me that he's the one. (Excuse the cheesiness) But you know when you're with someone and you just know? You know they won't let you down, and you know they love you? And the sparkle and glint in their eyes when you laugh or smile, the way they just want to make you smile, and happy when you're sad. I look at Louis now and think that's all I can see, and it's all that I want.

I stretch my arms away from Louis as I must've wrapped them around him at some point, creating an extreme numbness and tingling sensation in my forearm. I hear him sigh in his sleep and mutter.

"I do" he whispers.

I frown and sit up, him still in a deep sleep. I then hear a chuckle from nearby, it startles me and I look up to meet Liam's content eyes.

"I wonder what he's dreaming about" He says, winking. He lifts up a mug instead of asking me for a cup of tea and I nod.

"You don't think?" I ask, in considering that Louis was dreaming of marriage.

"What else could he be dreaming about that he says 'I do'?" Liam starts to make my tea, along with 5 others.

"A lot of things! Anything in fact! He could be agreeing to go bungee jumping for all I know!" I say, laughing.

"I'm almost certain it's a wedding and not...er, bungee jumping" He smiles.

"What makes you so sure?" I ask, pulling my weight onto the counter and sitting next to my tea cup.

"Er, I dunno, just think it wouldn't be bungee jumping," Liam awkwardly stirs the milk into the tea, looking shifty. Immediately I know he's hiding something. Then realization pops into my head.

"Oh my god." I say, sipping my finished tea then regretting it- forgetting that it was hot.

"No." Liam says, reading my mind.

"Really?!!!" I hold my slight excitement in. Was Louis going to propose?!

"No!" Liam says again.