Chapter Twelve: Dan and Lou

A/N sorry it's been ages! Had so much to do, hope you enjoy tho chapter although im not sure it's on of the best? Thankyou for being so patient and lovely aha xxx  

----

CASS POV 

'What do you want?' One of the gang retorts, his black hoodie is sat on the back of his head so when he turns around it's easy to recognize the familiar pale face, icy and enchanting grey eyes that could win a few hearts as quickly as hurting them. It's Dan. The one guy I thought I'd be with for the rest of my life, but then realized it was forced and the only reason I'd stayed was because I was afraid. 

I remain frozen as I watch his pale face flame up. It's like I've become paralyzed as I cannot move. Louis has my hand and I feel him tense up immediately as he sees Dan. He is the one who nearly killed me, and Louis saved me. But I thought Niall said I wouldn't be seeing him for a long time? I thought that meant he would be locked up. How long ago was that? Two, three weeks? I can't even remember. He couldn't have been in prison for that little amount of time. 

'Lou-' I stutter, I feel his fingers tighten around mine and I look at the ground, wanting to disappear. 

'Get back to the car' Louis mutters angrily. He doesn't look like he's going anywhere. 

'No, how about you go back to the car back to your little possy and get lost? Cass, get over here' Dan curses bitterly. The tension in the air is at it's highest as I feel Louis tense up even more, scared he is in danger I try to pull him away but he resists.  

'Cass it's okay, I'll make sure he doesn't hurt you' Louis coos, although I'm sure he's still giving Dan an evil glare back.  

'Hurt her? The only person who's going to get hurt is you mate' Dan spits.  

'I am not your 'mate' nor am I going to get hurt, what's gonna happen is that your gonna tell me exactly what happened here, and then, you gonna clear off and never come between an inch of Cass again' Louis remarks. I sigh quietly, yes, impressed by Louis' braveness but Dan is daring and he will go from nice to knife in a matter of seconds.  

'Who are you to say that I cannot go within inches of my girl?' Dan throws back. Looking at me sweetly which makes me feel sick. 'My girl?' That's pathetic. I can feel the anger and anxiousness bubbling inside of me.  

'excuse me?' I question, stepping forward so I am closer to Dan. He even looks shifty , he was so used the timid little useless Cassie , but in the last few weeks I'd regained that once lost courage and I was able to stick up for myself. 

'What?' Dan snarls, swallowing loudly.  

'Who are you to say that I can go within inches of my girl?' I mock his words. 'My girl? Dan, there is nothing,nothing left of us anymore, you're pathetic. You know,maybe if you were a little more laid back and not trying to control me all the time,we might be still friends , but then you had to watch my every move,breath even and accuse me of cheating on you? Yeah. So I'm not 'your girl' and I will never be.' I finish , getting every word off my chest,not sure whether I should regret or be relieved to have done so. I sigh again and Louis finds my hand and gives it a squeeze. I study Dans face. Confused,hurt,guilty? No, it seems whatever I have said has triggered a new emotion of in his murderous brain, a mixture between something extremely insane and angry.  

He turns back to his gang and they give Louis a nasty look before walking over to me. I stumble backwards. Scared. And before I know it I feel a strong hand grasp my small wrist and throw me to the ground.  

'Now what's it going to be, clear off or-' Dan smirks as he takes a gun out of his pocket. My eyes widen and I feel my palms sweating. But Dans not speaking to me, his eyes are fixed on Louis. And I realise that whatever option he chooses, there's no chance that I'm going to stay with him. I try to fidget my way out of the large guys grasp who is holding me, and unfortunately have no luck. I can feel the years prickling at my eyes.  

'Louis' I whisper , trembling. Louis looks over at me and looks hopeful. Bless him. He can't save me. But I can save him. 

'Dan, let Louis go, I'll stay with you' I announce , avoiding eye contact with both of them. Even though I can feel the anger in Louis and the winning feeling from Dan.  

'No!' Louis exclaims , choking up on his words.  

'Yes Louis' I fight back weakly , holding back more tears. 

'Just go already! She doesn't want you anymore so just leave' Dan butts in, breathing out heavily.  

'Shut up Dan. Cassie please , I'm not leaving you here with him.' Louis says, a single tear rolls down his cheek and I shrug , inside I'm screaming, crying, wanting to run from everything.  

'Theres nothing I can do' I say quietly.  

Dan rolls his eyes and then the guy behind me starts to drag me towards to a white van, I try to fight against his strength, just making me weaker. Louis sprints towards me and tells something I can't make out before punching the guy who was dragging me across the face. He punches Louis back but misses , I'm dropped to the floor free from his grasp and kick him in the shin, and he falls. Louis takes my hand and we run towards his car. 

'It's too late Louis' I shout, Dan is at the most a few centimetres away from me. Louis turns around. 

'No it's- CASS!' Lou almost screams my name when everything turns black.