Chapter Nine: A Sad Kiss

A/N I have a little playlist that I was listening to while writing this (: <3 Enjoy this chap! Comment and fan if you like xoxox

Ben Howard- Only Love

We Own The Night - Selena Gomez + Pixie Lott 

Rues Lullaby - District Tribute / Katniss - District Tribute

This ain't a love song - Scouting for girls 

Safe and Sound - Taylor Swift 

You're not sorry - Taylor Swift 

Who you are - Jessie J

‘Just go and get a pizza!’ Mum calls, laughing and collapsing on the sofa after frantically running around the kitchen looking for food.

‘But you said no pizza!’ Dad says patting his beer belly and joining Mum on the couch.

‘Cause Dad’s chubby!’ I giggle, Dad gets up and runs for me , he’s not really chubby, he’s more tall with a little sticky out belly when he wears a tight t-shirt, like he wore on holiday , ever since we’ve picked on him.

Stuart my brother puffs out his cheeks and jumps on Dad’s back. Dad laughs and lifts him and drops him onto Mum’s lap on the sofa.

‘Get off you lot! Go and get a pizza will you?’ She exclaims, standing up and sticking a shopping list to the fridge. Dad bundles over to her and slaps her bum, she squeals.

‘Get a room!’ Me and Stuart groan. But we smile because our parents couldn’t be more in love.

‘Alright alright!’ Dad says, giving Mum a big kiss before opening the front door.

‘Right pizza? Hawaiian for you darling?’ He says sweetly to Mum.

‘Of course!’ She replies, grinning, it was her favourite topping.

‘You coming?’ Dad smiles cheerily at me I nod and we leave to go to the car, once the cars started we get in and Dad sticks the radio on. Blasting out an ancient tune.

‘What is this crap?!’ I exclaim, laughing and pressing different buttons to change it quickly.

‘Hey don’t diss! And don’t swear to me blad, I’ll tell yo momma!’ Dad replies, pretending he has ‘swagger’ or something like that.

‘Yeah yeah, and cut the street talk yeah?’ I giggle and stick my tongue out at him.

It’s a 5 minute drive to ‘Ed’s Pizza Place’ not a very creative name, but it belongs to my Dad’s best friend, so we always get discount.

‘Careful across this road, remember to look-‘

‘I know Dad! Look left and right, all cars out of sight? Cross the road quick so you don’t get hit!’ I sing the first line of the short song Dad sung to us when we were like 5, about what to do if we ever crossed the roads here, they were always busy! Even on a Sunday after the shops were closed!

‘Taught you well kid’ Dad says, smiling and kissing my forehead. We chant the song over and start to cross the road.

‘Cassie!’ Dad yells, I turn around and he throws himself into the road, pushing me into the pavement in the middle of the busy road.

‘Dad?!’ I scream, a car hit’s him and he’s on the floor.

‘Dad?’ I choke , stumble over to him and practically collapse onto him.