Chapter 26: All over?

I hear a loud crashing noise as I presume someone is hurtling their way through the door. My head was still buried deep into Louis’ warm chest. I wasn’t planning on leaving that spot until everything was over. Although there was no doubt I would have to face him again.

I sigh quietly, trembling. I quickly look up to Louis whose eyes are widened in something like shock, his eyes both fixated on the door.

‘WHERE IS SH-‘ I hear Dan’s loud, somewhat confident voice , stop.

‘Babe, your safe, you can turn around it’s okay’ Louis whispers quietly, reaching down and kisses me sweetly on the forehead. I take his word and clench my eyes shut.

‘I can’t- His Dad- all that time,’ I manage a few quiet words, my mind flashing back to my Dad. Helpless on the concrete road. The flashing of ambulance lights.

‘I know, it’s hard, but stay strong, it’s what he would have wanted isn’t it?’ Louis brushes his lips against my ear as he whispers, sending a small shiver down my spine. He was right.

‘Okay’ I whisper back, a little louder than before.

I unbury myself from Louis, him quickly nodding at me before I turn around slowly. Every early memory of my own Father I was reacquainted with. Just at the sight of the son of the monster that had stopped his life. A sudden voice echoes in my head. I look down to the floor and listen to it.

Stay strong, it’s what I want, and it’s what Louis wants. He loves you.

‘Dad?’ I say quietly. Clasping my mouth quickly. I look up, no one had heard. I sigh, and then my vision settles on the scene in front of me. The policemen, a semi-circle of them, guns in their hands and looking fearless. And then there was Dan. His cold emotionless eyes burning through me.

‘You did this’ He says through gritted teeth. His eyes were still on me.

Stay strong Cuppy.

‘With help.’ I add bluntly. Avoiding his gaze, the gaze that always managed to make me crumble. He looks to Mum.

‘You whore, I knew I should have come here first, wouldn’t worry, once I’m done with you, you’ll be sorry, you’ll be in hell with your other filthy half’ He spits. I watch as Mum pales and a single tear rolls down her cheek. Hurt.

I turn myself back to Dan.

‘Why didn’t you come here first then?!’ I shoot back. Fury boiling up in me.

‘You were always one selfish little bitch weren’t you? Always demanding to know everything, just like your whore of a mother’ The words roll of his tongue. The beefiest looking policeman stands up and quickly cuffs Dan. He tries to fight back, only to be punched across the face by another policeman.

‘You do not speak to any woman like that, especially not that one that has been widowed by your own father’ The policeman who had punched him stands right in front of him, staring him off. Finally Dan looks to the floor.

‘Sir, you’re going to have to come down to the station with us’

‘Wait’ I say, a bit too loudly. Everyone turns to face me. I feel Louis’ arms wrap around my waist from the back. I squeeze his hand and pull away from him, walking up to Dan. My heart pace quickens, a feeling at the pit of my stomach for Dan. Guilt? Or just feeling sick being so close to him again. But he was helpless now, like my Dad was.

I hear Dan’s heavy breathing on my face as I inch closer towards him. He smelt of smoke. Thick, sickening smoke. I turn my nose up at the smell and reach into his hoody pocket, one by one I am greeted with small packets of herb look a likes. Weed. 6 packets in all I pull out. I chuck them on the floor. Dan raises his eyebrows up at me and smirks.