Chapter 30: Faced with a killer and Overthinking.

HARRYS POV 

'Louis?' I call half-heartedly, secretly hoping he had either gone out, or not heard me. 

'What?' Louis' bedroom door opens and I scratch my head casually. He rolls his eyes at me and starts to shut the door, I put my foot in the way of it so it can't shut. 

'What?' Louis repeats himself, a little louder. 

'What is wrong with you?' I finally spill. Digging my nail into my thumb nervously. 

'Nothing, I'm just tired! Now leave me alone!' Louis snaps, a bit too rudely. My eyebrows knot and I feel hurt, hurt that my best friend was pushing me away. But I wasn't going to give up, not just yet. I walk through the available gap between the door and my foot and sit myself down on Lou's bed. 

'Well I'm not moving until you tell me what is up, I mean, one moment you're all lovey dovey with Cass, and really happy, and then you're like this!' I exclaim. It was unexplainable why Louis was in this mood. 

'Like what?!' He protests. I sigh and run my fingers through my hair, frustrated. 

'Let me think, you're being snappy to everyone, like in the car to Niall! That was really mean Harry, he's your best friend , you can't just be rude like that, and then, shouting at everyone, it's like you've hopped to a completely different personality all of a sudden' I sigh, the brim of Louis' eyes water and I shrug. 

'Well?' I quietly ask. I hadn't meant to make Louis cry. 

Louis sits down on the bed next to me and wipes a tear from his eye quickly. 

'I just, I feel so stressed all of a sudden, I'm not sure if I've felt stressed for a while and it's just got to me but I don't know' He answers quietly. 

'Why stressed?' I question, still confused. 

'Why do you think?' He sighs, scratching the back of his neck. It was obvious, he couldn't deal with it, he couldn't deal with Cassie and her past that was still with her. 

'But you've been there for her Lou, you guys are made for eachother' I murmur. He looks at the floor. 

'You think I don't know that? She's amazing, all I've ever wanted, it's just, at the moment I'm finding it hard to be her boyfriend, she pushed me away earlier..' He says, his voice fading out to a silence. 

'She did not push you away Louis' I sigh, this was all getting to his head. 

'She could have come back here!' He exclaims, biting his lip. 

'Yeah sure, she could've come back here, then spent the evening worrying about her Mum, and her best friend Taylor' I reply, a hint of sarcasm edging into my tone. Louis sniffs hard and rests his elbows on his knees so that his palms are holding his head. 

'It will be over soon, all of this, you and Cass will be fine' I reassure him, slapping him lightly on the back. He sits upright, then stands up of off the bed. 

'Yeah sure, that's what everyone keeps saying, but what if it's not Haz? What if Cass isn't alright after this?' He leaves me with his comment as he makes his way out of the room. 

-- 

LOUIS POV 

I don't know what is happening. Maybe I am overthinking, but then again, if I was overthinking, why do I convince myself I need more time to think? 

I don't want to be the guy that is there for Cassie until I get scared and leave her, I want to be the guy who was with her through everything, until we were happy again, no bumps in the road. Yet I don't want to be the guy who is waiting and waiting for everything to smooth out. Because what if it doesn't?